• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What makes you LOVE killing floor?

i LOVE KF because...

1) the military and police characters (maybe because i fantasize i am one LOL!) and zombies, well specimens to be exact but still sortof undead. maybe this one reason why i L4D did not appeal to me coz i can't "relate" to any of their characters..
2) excellent game community (sure there's some rottens but the good ones still outnumber them :p) great talented modders/map makers
3) game support that listens to the whining :D and complaints (valid or otherwise) of its large fanbase!

Upvote 0
I think most people that don't like KF are L4D noobs

L4D is inferior to KF except for the graphics (technically; the art design is just comic bulls**t)

Everytime I hear "KF is just the cheap version of L4D" I can only laugh about that 14-years-old statement who doesn't know that KF was years ahead L4D... and all the critics reviews who gave L4D 90++ ratings... idiots I say

Reactions: SMIFF
Upvote 0
i always wanted a game with english theme, voices, madness without loss of the polite... (mr.foster for example... xDD)

"you are all fur coat, no knickers, *****es!"
"bewmstick toime..."
"in your face pal!"

so on xD, i love it...

i also like, the survival style of KF with those improvised weapons... lever action rifle, boomstick, machete, f axe, chainsaw, crossbow... u never seen a game like that xD...

Upvote 0
I love it cause it works, no BS just go and shoot zeds. Because so many things are open for own interpetation we even decided to make our own Zed, which we really had fun with creating and stuff.

Hats of to TWI, they made a great game. I dont care how many updates come, ill keep playing even if it rains zeds ingame! Bring it!

Upvote 0
yeah, one of the great things about killing floor is this forum.
this forum let you have a chance to change the game or makes the game better.

and yea the perks, it just makes me cant stop playing

l4d doest have such a powerful forum that would attract the attention of valve to make update stuff.

the forum that makes kf keep updating and the perk system just makes kf never be boring to play!

Upvote 0
Right to put this straight as possible.
I love KF
And i love L4d

Both for different reasons.
KF is great fun, with great soundtrack, weapons and voice acting (DOSH)

While L4d is like the Tf2 version of KF, it's fast and spammy and great fun when you're in the mood for it, although the weapons are mostly ****e and the nade launcher is BS, not to mention the comunitity being completely divided, e.g one game you'll be against a 4 man team, while another you might be up against 4 drunk people who'll call hax and quit in 5 mins.

For playability over time, i reckon KF is much better as it has so much charm

Upvote 0
the l4d just makes me feel stupid and boring to play.

you'll never know whats the next update, and it doest have leveling stuff which makes me feel theres no reason to keep play on!

most important for me, I really feel close to the whole game! you'll have the mind that" TWI need to fix this glitch, lets post this onto the forum!" , if you're playing other zombie games, you wont think like that. You will just wants this game to improve, balance, and add stuff! You will remeber all the zeds, weapons damage, maps, raining money......you will understand and know, and remember all the things in kf even you only play it for about 6 hours!

If you start playing kf, you'll find that l4d and other zombie games is stupid to play....
(This is how I think!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Whenever someone compares KF to left 4 dead, kevin chokes a stalker.

You're saying that like i care. people are always gonna compare, as they're the leading zombie shooters on steam, it's a unfair comparison i know, cos l4d is so closed and set-in, while KF is open to suggestions, gets fixed quickly and the community actually has opinions other than "the **** is OP nerfnerfnerf".

Upvote 0
+shooting - proper accurate hard hitting weapons unlike a certain x-haired sprayfest that it's often compared with
+engerlandyLondon-ishness - but it's a shame theres not more british arms or maps, and doesn't look like there ever will be now.
+challanging and interesting - and can be made more so by choosing certain loadouts, particularly for patriarch.
+it's often played by moody/angry rager-types who take it seriously....funny

-music - sorry i wish it was equally hard techno. n mind i can turn it off.

Upvote 0