• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spawning with bayonets attached.

1st of all: No russians-soviets!!! USSR IS A UNION THAT CONSISTS 15 countries...so its not fair to call georgian or armenian people russians. JUST CALL THEM ALL SOVIETS or DONT CALL THEM AT ALL RUSSIANS because it is not historically correct!

About the bayonet- personally I dont think that bayonet will reduce accuracy, although RO 1 says that with bayonet attached the accuracy is REDUCED!!!!
I dont think that this is possible BECAUSE:
bayonet HAS NOTHING to do with barrel! It is atached on the outer side of barrel or elsewhere, but has nothing to do with the bullet going out of the barrel! SO PLEASE TRIPWIRE, think about if the weapons should have reduced accuracy when using bayonet.

AND ALSO everyone must choose if to attach or detach bayonet, because in room fighting if you have bayonet enemy will see it before you go through a door, earlier; and he will be alerted of your pressence as he sees the bayonet coming through the door....

Upvote 0
I'd probably say the biggest hinderence, at least with the Mosin, is that they rifle is VERY long when the bayo is on, making it fairly unwieldy. I have a nick or two in my ceiling from forgetting how long it is.

This is why I am eagerly waiting the new collision sytem. CQC with M91/30 with bayonet mounted will be hilarious: "God damn, once again the ****ing bayonet got stuck to the door frame and got me killed."

And it was very much the clumsyness of the rifles when bayonets were attached (goes also with K98k, allthough it was not as bad as M91/30) which made the soldiers use spades and knives instead of the bayonets in CQC. If the collision sytem will be realistic, we will be needing spades and knives too...

1st of all: No russians-soviets!!! USSR IS A UNION THAT CONSISTS 15 countries...so its not fair to call georgian or armenian people russians. JUST CALL THEM ALL SOVIETS or DONT CALL THEM AT ALL RUSSIANS because it is not historically correct!

With this I agree. Allthough it has pretty much nothing to do with the thread. And there

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Which shooting range? Just a local club near Stockertown, Pennsylvania. My father and I head there sometimes. Recently I've gotten my girlfriend into the habit also. :D

The Mosin's bayonet isn't extremely heavy, maybe a half to a quarter pound I'd say. You can tell a slight bit of difference when it's mounted. The rifle is long and they bayo makes it even longer, so it has a fair amount of leverage. But as others have said, the rifle was designed to feel balanced with the bayonet attached, as the Russian doctrine at the time stipulated that bayonets were to be attached.

I'd probably say the biggest hinderence, at least with the Mosin, is that they rifle is VERY long when the bayo is on, making it fairly unwieldy. I have a nick or two in my ceiling from forgetting how long it is.

As to how heavy the k98 bayo is, not sure. I haven't handled one of them since I was a kid.

I'm from PA too have you ever been to French Creek or Cabelas?

Upvote 0
One thing I have always wondered about is effect of the bayonet placement on the mosin.

Like Red Guard said, the mosin is balanced with the bayonet attached. But that brings up another point, the mosin's bayonet was mounted on the side of the barrel, as opposed to underneath like most rifles.

Does the bayonet being mounted on the side of the barrel throw off the left-right balance of the gun?

Upvote 0
One thing I have always wondered about is effect of the bayonet placement on the mosin.

Like Red Guard said, the mosin is balanced with the bayonet attached. But that brings up another point, the mosin's bayonet was mounted on the side of the barrel, as opposed to underneath like most rifles.

Does the bayonet being mounted on the side of the barrel throw off the left-right balance of the gun?

I honestly don't think it would mess up aim unless you were standing up or shooting at sniper distances. In RO1 I always use bayonets unless fighting at really long range.

Upvote 0
I'm from PA too have you ever been to French Creek or Cabelas?

I've been to Cabela's fairly often. Never headed over to French Creek because of the 3 round limit on magazine capacity. Not so bad when you're shooting rifle but I usually take my pistols along with me, for that it's a pain the butt. It's about as far away from me as the range I pay to use that doesn't have the restrictions.

<animal>INSTINCT said:

I've never really felt a difference. The offset from the barrel is fairly minimal, and the bayonet is FAR longer than it is wide. Most torque would therefore be foward-backward rather than side-to-side.

Upvote 0
I've been to Cabela's fairly often. Never headed over to French Creek because of the 3 round limit on magazine capacity. Not so bad when you're shooting rifle but I usually take my pistols along with me, for that it's a pain the butt. It's about as far away from me as the range I pay to use that doesn't have the restrictions.

I've never really felt a difference. The offset from the barrel is fairly minimal, and the bayonet is FAR longer than it is wide. Most torque would therefore be foward-backward rather than side-to-side.

I've been to Cabela's alot too.

As for French Creek I don't belong to an outdoor range yet, so I have to go there.

Upvote 0
Even so, its hard to distinguish the center of even a 6in black ring at 100yds with the naked eye. Much less looking down iron sights with enough discernment to consistently squeeze off 3-5 shots off with that precision (rest or no rest). Even with handloads matched to the rifle, that is an outstanding feat. Join the club and shoot in a few matches. Even if the prizes aren't that great, you'll at least have some pretty plaques to dress up your shelves or wall. :cool:

Upvote 0