• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

NON beta testers 1015 comments

Pretty much yea. Because if you are a level 2 Firebug you would die in suicidal anyways. Of course there are exceptions where uber leet pro players can solo(with 32 fake players of course) suicidal with a level -3 Medic (you will heal zeds if you shoot or knife them, you need to use your syringe in order to do damage) , but that's not pretty common.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Pretty much yea. Because if you are a level 2 Firebug you would die in suicidal anyways. Of course there are exceptions where uber leet pro players can solo(with 32 fake players of course) suicidal with a level -3 Medic (you will heal zeds if you shoot or knife them, you need to use your syringe in order to do damage) , but that's not pretty common.:rolleyes:

...Wait, what?

Reactions: Merin Redplate
Upvote 0
3. Patch gonna be very interestin.

Actually i havent played much KF since i found that Beta is going on. Only few times. All KF time, which i would normally play, i has spent here in Beta forum. Lookin videos, texts, walls of texts. Of course own opinion has to be said. Even if you are not in beta.

I see no point to me playing much KF right now, i rather spend time in here, where you might have change to effect how KF is gonna be in future.

Nearly all of my own suggestions are changed. I have changed em.

I remember in Suggestion forum, i was strongly against Xbow nerf. Now its just fine, very fine. Very very fine.

Scrake was fun with katana before, but to be honest, it was very easy. This is gonna change. And its very very good.

Many things gonna be better after this update.

Well i have also asked if i could join to Beta. Havent had answer yet. This is still intresting even if im not getting there.

Only 1-2 things worries me atm. Melee weapons overnerfing for non Zerkers. Well, perhaps thats only thing im worried.. Other thing is about Medic, but im pretty sure its gonna be fine. Fast Healer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Heres my 2 cents

1) Will the sharp shooter be useless after this patch.

Even tho i dont play sharp much anymore alot of players do. I dont want to see sharp shooters think i have no real role now so lets kill everything and ignore the big guys.

2) Commando this perk shud be the most popular perk.

Lets face it we all love a big machine gun but will the commando be struggling for kills after other perks are weaker. The commando used to be the most balanced perk in my view is it going to fall back to what the flamer used to be a unloved perk

3) Berserker I didnt see any reason to change berserker all he needed was the chainsaw making useful. In my view on any other server but suicidal he was the 2nd most powerful perk. In the hands of a good player and a open map he is unstoppable

So im a little bothered that your beta testers are not true berserker players and after the patch we will have a new over powered perk for the community to whine about.

4) Pipe bombs surely its just alot easier to make all players carry no more that 2 pipes and just give demo the price reduction. Easy fixes the stacking problem. Why mess about making it so no other player can afford them but demo.There not a game changing weapon if all players can only carry 2 at a time.

Dont get me wrong im 100% behind what the beta testers are doing and im sure it will be awesome. I just think if this is our last chance to make the game better more people shud be involved. We need new players and veterans i mean i messaged yoshi my details 550 hours playing lv 6 all perks and im not in the beta. Even tho i have ran servers from the start and i pre purchased the game just because i dont use the forum i dont even deserve a reply. last time i used this forum was to make a tournament some mite remember but i let blazing aces continue with his what a disaster that was. Tripwire shud be allowing people from in the game the people who pay to run servers for there games not just the people who whined on the forums.
mini rant over :D:IS2:

Upvote 0
Sharpshooter still hits the specimens harder than any other perk. Xbow does over at least 2000 damage per shot, and even with the fleshpounds headshot resistance it is far higher than any other class. So no he isn't useless he jsut can't loner pwn everything now ;)

Commando's Scar does need a little buff to be fair, but it won't need much at all. The role of the Commando is to efficiently clear out the trash Zeds and eliminate hard to see sneaky threats like stalkers and crawlers, which may interupt other classes taking on the big stuff. He should gneerally be targetting the stuff following in behind the big guys as opposed to the big guys themselves. So tbh he is back into his role as it was intended :)

Theres alot of research into making the Berserker balanced, I think he will come out the other end very very well. Powerful and fun, but not a automatic game winner like he was before the Level Up update (And the Sharpshooter is now).

Pipe Bombs are tricky, but the key point is its expensive for demomen too, money is quite scarce in the new game and pipe stacking is hard even for demomen.

The beta as it is right now IMO is FAR more fun than the normal game atm, so a couple more tweaks and I reckon it'll be perfect. Keep the faith man :)

Upvote 0
Sharpshooter still hits the specimens harder than any other perk. Xbow does over at least 2000 damage per shot, and even with the fleshpounds headshot resistance it is far higher than any other class. So no he isn't useless he jsut can't loner pwn everything now ;)

Commando's Scar does need a little buff to be fair, but it won't need much at all. The role of the Commando is to efficiently clear out the trash Zeds and eliminate hard to see sneaky threats like stalkers and crawlers, which may interupt other classes taking on the big stuff. He should gneerally be targetting the stuff following in behind the big guys as opposed to the big guys themselves. So tbh he is back into his role as it was intended :)

Theres alot of research into making the Berserker balanced, I think he will come out the other end very very well. Powerful and fun, but not a automatic game winner like he was before the Level Up update (And the Sharpshooter is now).

Pipe Bombs are tricky, but the key point is its expensive for demomen too, money is quite scarce in the new game and pipe stacking is hard even for demomen.

The beta as it is right now IMO is FAR more fun than the normal game atm, so a couple more tweaks and I reckon it'll be perfect. Keep the faith man :)

hmmm i have faith just dont make my beloved zerker into a overpowered monster where i look a noob when using him like sharp shooters do now :D

Upvote 0
hmmm i have faith just dont make my beloved zerker into a overpowered monster where i look a noob when using him like sharp shooters do now :D

Yeah there was a bug where specimens were supposed to take more damage from the back instead of the front. Sadly the bug made it so they took more damage from the front than the back. That has been fixed now, so your Zerker is more powerful... but Zeds are too :p

Last edited:
Reactions: =Evanz=
Upvote 0
After only 2 waves of beta testing things are coming along well with clear things that need to be addressed for wave 3.

1.Commando needs a Scar buff. I have suggested penetration abilities before the beta even started. I still stand by that. Having previous damage restored would be more practical for the coders. Scrakes and FP's have more head health and rage much faster now. Previous reasons for scar nerf no longer exist. Be nice to 1 (body)shot crawlers again. As of 1014 my SS does a superior job of trash clean up.

2. xbox resale value. I know by the time 1015 is released the damage debate will long be settled. On suicidal a lvl 6 SS can play around empty his xbow and pick up a quick and easy 600. Lotta dosh to spend. "Hardcore" players don't like it. 3 possible solutions:
*replace lvl6 xbow spawn with m14 while keeping current values in place
*Give SS a class discount on xbow while maintaining current ammo prices
*Stop *****in and let SS have a slight money advantage in early waves. With the scarcity of cash having a little extra to share or spend may make the difference.

Upvote 0
*replace lvl6 xbow spawn with m14 while keeping current values in place

Not the m14; bad idea, govna. If anything, I'd say LAR and armor, if u want to get rid of xbow spawn. Personally I'd say it's unnessacary, but I'm no big SS person; and in any case I prefer the LAR in early waves (after all, what is there on wave 1 that you honestly need a bow bolt to kill?)

Upvote 0
Not the m14; bad idea, govna. If anything, I'd say LAR and armor, if u want to get rid of xbow spawn. Personally I'd say it's unnessacary, but I'm no big SS person; and in any case I prefer the LAR in early waves (after all, what is there on wave 1 that you honestly need a bow bolt to kill?)

Nobody has a problem with the SS spawning with the Xbow in particular. They have a problem with the SS spawning with a weapon they can sell for 600, roughly twice what any other perk can get from there starter weapons.

Upvote 0
I'm fine with some of the changes but it concerns me when I see some of the opinions expressed in the beta forum being out of touch.

Continuing to harp on the Medic, for example. Utterly silly. Medic is my favorite class (over 200k health healed and counting...) as I love support roles, and unless I am using MP7 / Crossbow combo or the team is terrible, I'm much more of a liability than an asset.

With significant nerfs to the Crossbow, I wonder if Medics will even have anything to do except shoot darts with awful hit detection.
Medics playing as Berserkers will be obsolete due to a variety of changes to melee and monsters, which is fine by me as it seems like the major gripe against Medics has been their ability to run around solo and rack up high kill counts before losing the game for the team. Even though I don't play the Medic that way and think doing so is a little silly, it's kind of pathetic the amount of whining that has gone on over this playstyle.
The MP7 is still a terrible weapon; it's literally weaker than the 9mm. And the body armor, while nice, is only useful when you've already screwed up.

I suppose one positive change for Medics is that Berserkers now have much more damage resistance, which makes healing them more viable. One of my friends prefers to play Berserker and healing Berserkers is a dodgy thing - Rarely can I actually heal a Berserker who needs healing - They're either alive and doing fine, or mobbed by monsters, incapable of being hit with a healing dart due to bodyblocks, and then moments later dead.

Changes to the Sharpshooter are also pretty concerning. I know players like to talk up how badass they are, but the headshot hit detection in this game is nowhere near reliable, and landing 4-5 headshots in a row on a raging Fleshpound is pretty unrealistic given the tendency of headshots to be counted as bodyshots due to disagreements between server/client over pawn/head positioning. Also places a strong emphasis on ping which means I probably can't even attempt to play Suicidal on any European servers anymore nor my European friends on American ones...

Reactions: Slappy Cromwell
Upvote 0
With significant nerfs to the Crossbow, I wonder if Medics will even have anything to do except shoot darts with awful hit detection.

You can always grab a LAR, snipe some crawlies/husks and still be useful.
In fact almost everyone in the beta runs around with LARs now.
It's pretty much THE standard equipment for medics/zerkers now.

Mainly because you don't have money to burn on anything anymore and it is the cheapest gun.
I've been a sharpie using pistols only and been barely able to refill my ammo.
Demos are downright un-affordable on suicidal. At least on your own.

Changes to the Sharpshooter are also pretty concerning. I know players like to talk up how badass they are, but the headshot hit detection in this game is nowhere near reliable, and landing 4-5 headshots in a row on a raging Fleshpound is pretty unrealistic given the tendency of headshots to be counted as bodyshots due to disagreements between server/client over pawn/head positioning. Also places a strong emphasis on ping which means I probably can't even attempt to play Suicidal on any European servers anymore nor my European friends on American ones...

Sharpie has always been the "don't pick if your ping is above 100"- perk so yeah, nothing will ever change about that.
You better don't play as something that requires precision/timing if you have a high ping.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The LAR cannot snipe, in fact. When you clearly aiming for the head of a husk/bloat in behind, that bullet will count as a body shot of the clot standing in front of your target.

I dont know if that would mean too much work for TWI to fix the hitbox, again.

That always pisses me off. Especially since my goal as medic half the time is to decap that bloat before it vomits all over the nearest zerker.

Upvote 0
Sharpie has always been the "don't pick if your ping is above 100"- perk so yeah, nothing will ever change about that.
You better don't play as something that requires precision/timing if you have a high ping.

*Sigh*.....sometimes living where I do kinda sucks. No servers under 90, unless you somehow build one underwater between here and California. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0