• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are the tanks able to crush everything.

This is all speculation, of course, but i expect to see the following:

I doubt tanks will be able to plow through small houses and the like, when we see some houses get blown up by arty in the PAX vids, which is probably the max destruction they can sustain, there's still a fair bit of house left, so i'm not expecting that.

I do however expect small obstacles will be destroyed, fences, barbed wire, sandbags, maybe smaller tree's and the like, anything you look at and go "a tank should have zero trouble with that" will probably get it's stuff all ruined if you drive into it, the engine should be well capable of that.
But i don't expect any really detailed kind of crushing or breaking, this is an MP game mostly, and thus, destruction has to be a fairly streamlined and simple to avoid using up huuuueg amounts of bandwith just for that, so i expect to see predetermined sections of fences and the like get destroyed, and not only the part you touched.

And lastly, since UE3 can do much more advanced vehical physics, i'll bet the tanks will be more mobile, and able to drive over reasonable obstacles that would have stopped them in the first game, things like short concrete barriers and such.

Upvote 0
The "Massive Destruction" system allows mappers to destroy anything they want, but will keep it reasonable for gameplay reasons. Nobody wants to fight in a flattened town.

But here's an idea for a custom map. What if you let each building actually get destroyed, but you loose the map if say half the buildings are fully destroyed, because you can't really capture an objective if it's gone. That would keep platoon leaders from destroying the whole town.

Reactions: Game-Enthousiast
Upvote 0
Definately an environment/objetcs that react(s) upon tanks or other physical intrusion would add a lot of fun and depth to the game.
Panzer/T34s being stopped by barbed wire should hopefully become an issue of the past.
But imagine on the other hand dragon teeth. They could add a lot of tactical depth to the game by making them objects to be destroyed by engineers for example.
I would love to see physics similar to Men of War, although being realtime if i could go fps in it i

Upvote 0