• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: Horzine M7A3 Medic Rifle

Ok new Beta, Jack and me made some Changes:
+ improved animations
+ smaller muzzleflash
+ improved texture
+ decreased recoil

Known Bugs:
- MK23 muzzleflash
- MK23 weight bug
- Vet Levels dont work

I am working on a better Texture and also i will improve the smoothing groups maybe tomorrow the next BETA will come

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack-Carver
Upvote 0
An update will be released today, which contains all the fixes you guys wanted. So basically it should be the last Beta.
@Gooblaster: Apearently the Static Meshes folder was written wrong. If you just copied the folder into your KF it wont work. Copy the files out of that folder into your static meshes folder! And yes, it is a mutator.
Or wait a little bit and download the new Beta :D

Okay. I will download the new beta. =D

EDIT: Nice! Its so awesome! Btw, I feel that the reloading is a little stiff.. And i feel that the gun is heavy too. Looks heavy to me. Is it just me or is there no Picture of the M7A3 in the trader? The name is there, but the picture looks like the normal MP7

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M7A3 is serious business now! Damage is good, especially considering Medic doesn't have damage causing bonuses. I grab the Mk23 to go along with it. I feel functional. I can run and gun to my teamates in need of healing and not even have to switch weapons. Now only the price needs adjusting. It was said to be about 15K un-perked. Will that be implemented? I ask because potential white-listing may depend on stuff like that.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yea I think thats because of the ItemNumber in the Shop, I think they are in all mutators the same, so there is a conflict. I will ask the developers if they can give me the itemnumbers of their weapons, so we can make a list of all slefmade weapons with the number.
I already made the smoothing groups and I in my opinion it looks really great :D, next BETA will come soon

Reactions: Gooblaster
Upvote 0
Yea I think thats because of the ItemNumber in the Shop, I think they are in all mutators the same, so there is a conflict. I will ask the developers if they can give me the itemnumbers of their weapons, so we can make a list of all slefmade weapons with the number.
I already made the smoothing groups and I in my opinion it looks really great :D, next BETA will come soon

Hey Ivan

I am just finishing up a mutator that will solve this issue. I had a feeling that every community made weapon will have it's own mutator and each one will no doubt conflict due to everyone replacing the same weapon.....so....

I have made (with the great help of benjamin and Marco) a custom shop mutator that allows you to add as many new weapons as you like from a list, via GUI or INI file, so there will be no more conflicts.

Just have to finsih the part where it also updates the randomitempickups and I will release it!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hopefully the next version will smooth out the MK23's shading and rough up the texture a bit so it looks correct for the game. One thing I don't like is the weird sci-fi reload sound effects for the M7A3. They're just a bit "out there" for Killing Floor and should probably be toned down a bit and made to sound more like a real gun. The last thing I think needs to go is the horrifyingly overdone reload anmation of the M7A3. It's just way too much and needs to be simplified greatly.

Everything else about these guns is kick ***.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If by overdone you mean: too long, too much complicated, then you will have to live with it. I also like the sounds and the way it gets reloaded. Maybe I will add a little less movement. But I really won't make a new animation, as I really like it the way it is right now.

Its awesome the way it is i suppose. Im fine with the sounds. I hope the weapon mut conflict gets worked out soon so i can enjoy all the new weapons!

Upvote 0
Ok, i tested the new version. I simply love it. It doesn't look like it's weightless anymore, reloading looks awesome and shouldn't be changed anymore.

The heal dart bug got fixed, which makes the overall look more polished. Oh, and it doesn't look that blocky anymore, more smooth like a real weapon.

Can't wait for the final, would use it even without it being whitelisted.

Upvote 0
Did more testing. I have to say it's feeling a lot nicer now that I've messed with it than when I first started playing with it. So when the final version is out you will be able to see the rifle's needle charge?

One thing I'd like to know is why you didn't just use the same reload animation as the Handcannon and the 9mm for the MK23. As far as I can tell, both the handguns we already have use nearly the same reload animation.

One problem I'm having is that I seem to be crashing every so often while running the mutator.

Looking forward to the final version and really want to know what you're plans are for the next weapon in the pack.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Syringe charging HUD will be in the final version, yeah.
I did not use the existing animations because they will never really fit 100% and we want the weapons to be unique and new.
I have no idea why your Killing Floor could crash but it would help if you could post the crash-log here. I never had a crash with it.
Idk when or if we will make any further weapons. At the moment we are quite ocupoied. But if we're going to make something new it will most likely happen around chistmas ;). It will not be a pistol, that's for shure :D! Maybe a shotgun..... However it will be a "mid/normal tier" weapon. Something that isn't really better than it's counterpart but of course has it's pros and cons.

Upvote 0
The Syringe charging HUD will be in the final version, yeah.
I did not use the existing animations because they will never really fit 100% and we want the weapons to be unique and new.
I have no idea why your Killing Floor could crash but it would help if you could post the crash-log here. I never had a crash with it.
Idk when or if we will make any further weapons. At the moment we are quite ocupoied. But if we're going to make something new it will most likely happen around chistmas ;). It will not be a pistol, that's for shure :D! Maybe a shotgun..... However it will be a "mid/normal tier" weapon. Something that isn't really better than it's counterpart but of course has it's pros and cons.

Nice to see that more weapons are going to be created!

By the way, i am not sure if the M7A3 replaces the MP7 in the trader list. Does it replace the MP7?

Upvote 0
i tested today and its great :)
the muzelleflahs from horzine rifle is good now
still too big for the MK23(just in my opinion)
animation from both are great. maybe the reload animation from MK23 is a bit slow..

i noticed a bug! when you have dualMK23 + horzinerifle
when you click on F you should switch to pistol with flashlight but it don't..
it switch to dualMK23 :s..

Upvote 0