• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perk requeriment for joining a server

RICHTHOFEN

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Hello Forum, i have a suggestion for public servers. Yesterday i was playing Suicidal BioticsLab in a pub with 3 guys, we were doing good so far in the middle on the 8th wave 2 guys join and i was like nicee now we got more ppl for the harder waves and when they spawned and get to the trader i saw a Commando level 0 and a Medic level 1, it just disappointed me so i gave them some dosh and w8 for the next wave to die cause players like them r useless, i mean im not saying they suck, if the play beginner they can handle it, but why do ppl like these comes to Hard or Suicidal servers?

My suggestion here is that for public servers, players need a certain perk level to join as follows:

Beginner & Normal: level 0 - 4 perk
Hard & Suicidal: level 4 - 6 perk

Players will always be able to join Beginner and Normal Servers, even if they are 4+ perk, but on Hard or Suicidal servers they must have a level 4+ perk to join.
If someone joins a Hard/Suicidal server and plays the 1st wave with a berserker 4+ and after the wave he wants to change his perk, when hes at the perk select screen he will only be able to choose 4+ perks, if he doesn't have any other 4+ perk he can still playing with that berserker or leave the game. :)

Its just a suggestion so new or low perk level players don't ruin Hard/Suicidal games anymore. what do u guys think?

Reactions: Slappy Cromwell
It should be optional but If it was there and optional I would really like it.

Its not fun on an easy server to have a lvl 6 come in killing all enemies
and its not fun on a suicidal server to have a lvl 1 come in and asking for money all the time.

of course the lvl is not a showcase of skill and more a showcase of hours spent in the game. But the perk bonuses are critical on a suicidal game, and they are overpowered on a normal game.

Optionally limiting them would make games more balanced overall.

Upvote 0
It should be optional but If it was there and optional I would really like it.

Its not fun on an easy server to have a lvl 6 come in killing all enemies
and its not fun on a suicidal server to have a lvl 1 come in and asking for money all the time.

of course the lvl is not a showcase of skill and more a showcase of hours spent in the game. But the perk bonuses are critical on a suicidal game, and they are overpowered on a normal game.

Optionally limiting them would make games more balanced overall.

Just what I said... except that I disagree on high perks on lower servers. High perks on normal are good if they are specially made for high perks, for fun training skills etc. If you know what I mean. I saw sometimes Normal games with 6 players all perk 6. They played just to test maps and have fun. Right what I meant. Also, there are some hard maps such as RE1 Mansion Story where even perk 6 could have problems on Normal.

Upvote 0
Just what I said... except that I disagree on high perks on lower servers. High perks on normal are good if they are specially made for high perks, for fun training skills etc. If you know what I mean. I saw sometimes Normal games with 6 players all perk 6. They played just to test maps and have fun. Right what I meant. Also, there are some hard maps such as RE1 Mansion Story where even perk 6 could have problems on Normal.

Again the limits for a server should be set by the server admin. Both lower and upper limit.

Heck if a server wanted to limit a suicidal server to only lvl 1 players he should be able to do so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
by the same token, servers running normal could disqualify levels 5 or 6 , say.

i tought about this but idk, i dont think its fair that level 5/6 "steal" all the kills on a beginner/normal server, but in the other hand its not fair not to be able to have fun with the newbies :) just sayin' cause they wont loose the game as if they join a suicidal server...

Upvote 0
who cares, its just a game twi or marco, we pay for this game so get to work

Wow, you must be out of your mind sir, Tripwire released 3 free content updates in a year and a half. You probably even paid less than 20$ for KF and you are asking for new stuff :rolleyes:. I suggest you to start visiting the mod. section of the forums and start to appreciate the mods and the maps that have already been released by this community.

And yes Marco was a part of the team for the mod :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol chill ouutt its just a game, theres more things to do out here in the real life. About the mods, i have tried a lot of maps and mods and still no fun :( Its fun only when i play with friends :)

Yeah proly, but my skatepark has been destroyed so there's not much to do >=O

And if you cant have fun with all the muts and maps, you should move on.

Upvote 0