• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Suggestion for inclusion of an Arena mutator - (just for fun)

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Red Orchestra the mod had an arena mutator and it would be fun to see something like this return to HOS for special nights.

Using the arena mutator you could limit the weaponry of the team for special fun nights.

With it you could limit every bodies grenades to 1 grenade, 0 grenades or 999 grenades. With it you could limit the ammunition of weaponry, so people could set it to give everybody 1 clip of ammo to use ammo sparingly. Or even go to the point of giving no one any ammo to get a big melee battle going.

With it you could say what classes were available and how many of them, so for a special fun night you could have a bolt only night. Or you could change the load outs to what you wanted it to be. Like for instance only having 3smgs 1mg and the rest rifleman.

-----------------

Its a form of server based customization, that proved to be a lot of fun for a special Night. At times you want to play serious, but sometimes you want to increase the difficulty, make things more realistic for your perception. Or just want to relax with a fun map.

Last edited:
999 nades.

for that the weight system needs to be removed.. otherwise you would not be able to move :p

I actually do not think that the weight of grenades will be counted individually. Every gun will most likely have a set weight rather than an additional weight per clip/mag that you carry for it.

So unless by default it becomes possible to carry more than 2 grenades I doubt that having more grenades would increase the total carrying weight.

Upvote 0
do it yourself, seriously. 75 percent of these suggestions are just awful and are incongrous. it's like asking for a vegetable mod conversion where every character is replaced by a cucmber.

sometimes you gotta run your ideas through your internal common sense filter first. this isn't going to happen. it's a bad idea. no offense.

Upvote 0
sometimes you gotta run your ideas through your internal common sense filter first. this isn't going to happen. it's a bad idea. no offense.

let's think about that for a second....

Point 1: a similar mutator existed in RO mod.
Point 2: a similar mutator existed in ROOST.
Point 3: most everyone who played RO mod and ROOST will be playing RO2.

Logical Deduction: there's a pretty good chance a mutator like the one Zets described will be made by the community if not put in by TW.

so.......using basic common sense, i'd put my money on this idea happening regardless of whether or not you believe it's a "bad" idea. no offense. ;)

Upvote 0
In general it would be nice if the most commonly used mutators would basically be included in ROHOS by default. As it makes everything easier for the overall community not having to download 20000 different versions for every server.

exactly! it's kinda like the "stock" mutators in Killing Floor.....just so much nicer if people don't have to go searching for and downloading files for common mutators. plus, like you said, getting "version-mismatch" SUCKS :D

Upvote 0
do it yourself, seriously. 75 percent of these suggestions are just awful and are incongrous. it's like asking for a vegetable mod conversion where every character is replaced by a cucmber.

tumblr_kyby7pa0J81qzxzwwo1_500.gif

Do you hate fun?

I like the idea, an :IS2: for Zets!

Upvote 0