• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation KF New Specimen : The Brute (under construction)

Might wanna know something before posting, JemmaB is correct, Unreal Ed version 3.0 is what shes referring to not Unreal Engine 3. Shes also right again that it confuses alot of people, apparently.

Thank You! :D

And cleodj...

1108845godzillafacepalm.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So how's that thing looking right now?
I believe I read somewhere it's in the game already? :eek:

yes got the custom mesh in the game but because me and hemi have never worked with the ut2.5 engine we wanted to see if we could get it walking, textured, exploding and dismemberment working

which we did after the 2nd attempt

so now we are fine tuning everything before the scripting/animating starts

sorry no screen shots yet, until we can get a beautiful one

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Might wanna know something before posting, JemmaB is correct, Unreal Ed version 3.0 is what shes referring to not Unreal Engine 3. Shes also right again that it confuses alot of people, apparently.
You fool look at braindead Post #55http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=641913&postcount=55

UT3 It's a GAME, Unreal Editor 3.0 is an Editor for That game, the game is based on Unreal Engine 3.0 !!! and it's hase Complitly different stuffs,tools that can't be found in 2.5,so it can't be reffered as a simmilar.
You need to be a real idiot, to use Unreal Editor 3.0 Tutorials , for Unreal Ed 2.5.

P.S.
That's For You(J.D.*) and JEmmaB
tactical_facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Yomommassis
Upvote 0
You fool look at braindead Post #55http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=641913&postcount=55

UT3 It's a GAME, Unreal Ed 3.0 is an Editor for That game, the game is based on Unreal Engine 3.0 !!! and it's hase Complitly different stuffs,tools that can't be found in 2.5,so it can't be reffered as a simmilar.
You need to be a real idiot, to use Unreal Ed 3.0 Tutorials , for Unreal Ed 2.5.

P.S.
That's For You(J.D.*) and JEmmaB
tactical_facepalm.jpg

Tell me something sally, can you read? Or maybe you can but you can't comprehend. Heres a little picture for you to wrap your head around.

Try to know what your talking about before posting. There is a difference in Editor vs Engine but I dont need to tell you that, you already knew it.
img8

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Exactly.

pss We arent talking about UT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEmmaB
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead

This game uses the Unreal 2.5 engine, NOT the UT3 engine, please do not use any tutorials for UT3 as you are going to get mighty confused when half of what you do, does not work!

Maybe he meant UnrealEd 3 which is used for Unreal Engine 2.0/2.5; which confuses a lot of people.;)

Tell me, whats wrong with this.
Arhh.... THE GAME(Killing Floor) Is Based on Unreal 2.5 Engine so the Editor hase exactly same number 2.5(It is simplier).
By Saying UnrealEd 3.0 you are Confusing a lot of people because it hase the same number as for Unreal Tournoument Ed 3.0. The Only Difference is the - Tournoument.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Try not to be so quick at attempting to dumb people down when you yourself are obviously confused.

He is a She I believe but that is a comprehension thing.

/End argument

---Sorry for interrupting OP back on topic.

----Cant wait to see the new specimen in action.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah thats the one thats got us going mental too. We dont really have experience in writing .mut 's . If you could write one that replaces a specimen so we can attach our own animations (PSA) and models (PSK) in the mut.

Btw here's the plan for his way of walking :

brutegorilla.jpg

as you can see we made him more "gorilla" like. The story might support this as the muscle enhancers is an extracted fluid from a gorilla, sorta the same way the crawlers are created.

Upvote 0