• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Specimen: Destroyer

Ok, so if he has a knockback/grenade combo, a 360 degree arc of attack and a self-destruct, those factors should make it hard for berserkers without having the instant-kill melee damage too, right? The high melee damage seems unnecessary.
Exactly. Berserkers' job is to kill other speciments meanwhile heavy-strikers would take down Destroyers. Tho they could use some guns from distance too. And there is a little trick I thought off - make Destroyer busy, meanwhile Berserker will walk around Destroyer and atack him from behind without him notice, unless you spam him with atacks. But I changed my mind since he's meant to be anti-berserker enemy. So supporting heavy-strikers meanwhile they are getting this thing down seems best strategy. And the melee of Destroyer isn't instant kill if you have armor, especially if you are med, or if you are berserker who reduces damage.

random suggestion: Maybe instead of a grenade launcher he can have a mortar on his back, and he bends over to aim it. If you want a high arcing attack I think a mortar would be more appropriate, perhaps? It would also distinguish him from other specimens that have arm weapons.

I thought of it alot and I found it really bad idea. Mortar is a good idea for weapon for the mercenaries, but not really for Destroyer. Mortar's shots explode right when they hit ground and they shoot REALLY high. Not the point. Point is that he shoots high enough but not too high, so u could shoot the grenades from distance, and that they can get tossed from ground after they fall, like they go "jumping". And on his back he already has some pipes and self-destruct metal thing :) But from the other hand I was thinking of making 2 mini-Destroyers for wave 9, one medic-like, other samurai. Medic-like would have medi-gun instead of glauncher and would have heath doubled up, but speed lowered by half. He'd heal other specimens as well as himself, but his heals would be limited like Pattys. Other one, Samurai, would have a katana and health lowered by half, but speed higher by half. But I will wait first for positive coments on the main Destroyer first ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Angry Hillbilly
Upvote 0
Interesting idea, and alot of effort clearly. Although I think if it were to be added there would need to be alot of chop and changing. The weapon itself is a rocket launcher, it cannot really be made weak, otherwise its just silly. So this specimen would beed a few BIG weaknesses.

The way I see it its health needs to be relatively low. If anything little more than a Husk, possibly less. Since the weapon is VERY dangerous he should either take a long time to prime, fire and load its weapon, or have a very poor aim, possibly even both.

These 2 factors would imply a lack of intelligence, which unfortunately your voice doesn't indicate. You'd have to make it sound more stupid.

Story wise I'd go with making it an expendable test subject, where it was never developed as a proper specimen, and was only created to serve as a test pilot for robotic weapon attachments (akin to what was developed later for the Patriarchs main weapon). This would explain its rareness in the game (Only having it spawn 1 in wave 9 and maybe 2 most in wave 10).

But tbh, I think this specimen may do more harm than help. With the new balane patch the game is going to be very hard again, and I don't think people are going to appreciate a specimen that can instifrag half the team. I like and appreciate the effort thats gone into it, but I jsut don't see it working I'm afraid. :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Interesting idea, and alot of effort clearly. Although I think if it were to be added there would need to be alot of chop and changing. The weapon itself is a rocket launcher, it cannot really be made weak, otherwise its just silly. So this specimen would beed a few BIG weaknesses.

The way I see it its health needs to be relatively low. If anything little more than a Husk, possibly less. Since the weapon is VERY dangerous he should either take a long time to prime, fire and load its weapon, or have a very poor aim, possibly even both.

These 2 factors would imply a lack of intelligence, which unfortunately your voice doesn't indicate. You'd have to make it sound more stupid.

Story wise I'd go with making it an expendable test subject, where it was never developed as a proper specimen, and was only created to serve as a test pilot for robotic weapon attachments (akin to what was developed later for the Patriarchs main weapon). This would explain its rareness in the game (Only having it spawn 1 in wave 9 and maybe 2 most in wave 10).

But tbh, I think this specimen may do more harm than help. With the new balane patch the game is going to be very hard again, and I don't think people are going to appreciate a specimen that can instifrag half the team. I like and appreciate the effort thats gone into it, but I jsut don't see it working I'm afraid. :/

I think you didn't focus on the overall and details of this creature. It's ONLY in wave 10, and it doesn't use rocket launcher. Difference is that R-Launcher shoots a lot faster and is harder to avoid. Grenades are relatively slow and easy to miss as they get on walls. He can even get hit from own grenades. They can also hurt other ZEDs if they are on the way. And chopping his health this low is very bad idea for this one. He is meant to be stronger than FP, but more rare. And his high damage doesn't mean death for you as far as you keep distance and get covered. But I accept your point of view. And about the story - your story would be like a backstory of my story. And about inteligence - it doesn't sound smart at all. The quotes are mostly from games such as Duke Nukem or just simple thinking such as "do you really think this door can stop me?" doesn't really sound smart. And the "Your blood will pump up my heart" is like ironic, meaning "I love you" in ironic way. Typical soldier-talk. And "Lock and Load" is right what any soldier would remember while being ZED. And he'd not make much harm. He'd just add more tactics. He's no danger if you use right tactics if you didn't notice ;)
And of course, if that would be done, and will be overpowered still, in practice, THEN it could get changed a little and tested as many times, as needed to finally get something deadly, but also possible to pass with all the ZEDs around. Also, we'll have to test tactics as well. I am working on it in 3D already, so when it's ready I'll send the project to anyone who could implement it to game. Actually, is there anyone who'd want to give it a try to program it for KF? :D

Upvote 0
My personal review for the specimen:

Voice: I must say, good job! I did lol though at "Now you see me, now your dead":DIt sound like something the patty would say.

Appearance: I give you 10/10 effort points, but it could use some touching up. Nothing serious, as it already is pretty good. Just some detailing (specifically the nade launcher), and some gritty skining, and the thing should be up to par with the rest of Horzines creations

Function: I like the mini-boss thing, but the details need some tweaks. For example, the insta-killing spikes would pretty much own on farm. Especially since it wouldn't be a wave where you can properly prepare. Also, should the nades be shot slightly more rapidly, but wait a second before going off?

Upvote 0
Appearance: I give you 10/10 effort points, but it could use some touching up. Nothing serious, as it already is pretty good. Just some detailing (specifically the nade launcher), and some gritty skining, and the thing should be up to par with the rest of Horzines creations
What about making a contest? Anyone who likes this idea could draw/paint/watever this speciman (same arsenal, armory etc, but in better quality) and post it in this thread. The best ones I'd put on the first post of this thread:D

Function: I like the mini-boss thing, but the details need some tweaks. For example, the insta-killing spikes would pretty much own on farm. Especially since it wouldn't be a wave where you can properly prepare. Also, should the nades be shot slightly more rapidly, but wait a second before going off?

I didn't think of Farm. But still, Traders mostly got walls and such. So in wave 10 just stick up with buildings so you got a place to hide. Spikes are no problematic thing for now. What about grenades though? Rapidly shoot grenades would be like death-spam. He should shoot with same speed like Husk shoots, except that Destroyer would shoot up so the grenades would fall from sky :D But it's not SUCH a problem to modify it a little bit. Just remember to not make it overpowered and give it a PURPOSE, like my grenade's purpose is fun. Grenades so far are funniest weapon as when you are glad you will kill many clots with it you see grenade under your legs and you realise stalker blocked the way (just an example). The JUMPING grenades will really make it fun, as for example you hide behind wall, then you see a grenade next to your legs ;) Oh and I forgot to say - the 'nade damage ofc means the max damage, the one you gain for being hit with it. The further you are away from grenade, the less damage you get (same rule as for your own grenades) ^_^

Upvote 0
yea! make those noob know what kf's creature can do!!
Wow... what an enthusiasm... unexpected.

Well, I am off anyway, I won't post on this forum, not anymore. All my ideas have been spoken, haters and trolls hit me hard enough. I quit for now. I will browse the forum from times to times, and if someone works on the concept art I can edit my first post to add the concept art there. I will meanwhile work on 3D version of this baby, but not that fast. After all, it may turn out ppl will not like this idea and will beg for not making it exist. So I'll stop making this model when I recieve some more rates down. I already asked for closing my other thread about New Perk. So, c ya guys. It was nice to post ideas here. But I can't take those guys who let people down. This isn't a way for changes or anything like that. Opinions is one thing, insulting and reporting every single post, as well as rating down each post for no reason are other. Phantoms, trolls and haters - that's who you can thank for my resignation from posting on this forum for now. I might be back in future... maybe...

Upvote 0

Well, I am off anyway, I won't post on this forum, not anymore. All my ideas have been spoken, haters and trolls hit me hard enough. I quit for now. I will browse the forum from times to times, and if someone works on the concept art I can edit my first post to add the concept art there. I will meanwhile work on 3D version of this baby, but not that fast. After all, it may turn out ppl will not like this idea and will beg for not making it exist. So I'll stop making this model when I recieve some more rates down. I already asked for closing my other thread about New Perk. So, c ya guys. It was nice to post ideas here. But I can't take those guys who let people down. This isn't a way for changes or anything like that. Opinions is one thing, insulting and reporting every single post, as well as rating down each post for no reason are other. Phantoms, trolls and haters - that's who you can thank for my resignation from posting on this forum for now. I might be back in future... maybe...

Seriously dude? Ah, good luck with making the ZED, if I ever get a new computer I would be happy to help you create this monster :)

Last edited:
Reactions: BenioX
Upvote 0

Hey dude.. Don't leave.. I know exactly how it's like. When I first came to this forum pretty much everyone was trashing down at me and my ideas, then I thought they were great actually, but now when I'm looking back on what I suggested I agree with those haters. I only didn't understand why some ideas could hurt people so bad that they had to trash **** over me..
It wasn't easy for me to get "accepted" all tho I'm not completely accepted yet, I don't comment that much on this forum anymore, only the last days.. Tbh, I abandoned after just some days being tired of all the hating. Now when I got back I realise there's actually some people who's kind in here =)

The two biggest differences between you and me is that you'r not as new as I am, AND your ideas are actually way better then mines, they're actually very good! Like this one for example, it's awesome. Looks like a really badass ZED you would like to fight off with your friends. And the sound and look of it is perfect!

What I'm trying to say is that leaving this forum only because the haters is a very cheap acting, many people actually think your ideas are GREAT, me included. So please stay for atleast a bit longer and see if things are getting better. Cause many things you'r posting is actually AWESOME!

Upvote 0
What I'm trying to say is that leaving this forum only because the haters is a very cheap acting, many people actually think your ideas are GREAT, me included. So please stay for atleast a bit longer and see if things are getting better. Cause many things you'r posting is actually AWESOME!

It is my third thread from since I said I'd stop. And all just to say - no matter how awesome ideas I have - I won't stand up for them if too many people try to let me down. It is just a sign I don't belong here. Simply. If things change I'll be back. Read the green font again. I already said I'd be off for a while, but I'll be back MAYBE in future, if people will stop doing that. Pretty much all said.

Upvote 0
Rule 1 of the internet: Haters will hate.

Of course, that is just one of many, but I don't feel like explaining them all, and you probably have encountered 99.999% of them already:D

You inspired me to continue at least at this topic :)
So, I just finnished 3D artwork in 3D-Max, but with bad quality and not really good textures. It's just a MODEL. It's on first post, as well as re-photoshoped version. Please, tell me what you think! Also, I'd be glad to hear any ideas ^_^

Reactions: 9_6
Upvote 0
Fail Sky Height Causes Problems...

Fail Sky Height Causes Problems...

Not sure if you have noticed this but the stock maps in KF have a very low sky.
Ever shot a grenade into the sky for an amazing kill?

TW would have to increase the sky height for every map and then all the people who made their custom maps would have to increase their sky as well if needed.

Your idea is good and I like it, don't get me wrong with that but it

Upvote 0
Not sure if you have noticed this but the stock maps in KF have a very low sky.
Ever shot a grenade into the sky for an amazing kill?

TW would have to increase the sky height for every map and then all the people who made their custom maps would have to increase their sky as well if needed.

Your idea is good and I like it, don't get me wrong with that but it’s just impractical for such a low budget company like TW.

Well, you didn't get the full idea of it. The idea is the grenades are meant to hit the sky level. The grenades are meant to be calculated from that. Or other words: He calculates his shots from half a distance to enemy and shoots his grenade right to the halfway to the sky so it gets hit from sky-ceiling down to the other half of way. That's why walls and doors are really helping in it :)
But it's not the only way I thought of shooting. The shooting way I thought of is no problem for the sky. It'd not be shoot THAT high I guess. Would make no sense. Sky is on the right level for it. And well, the SKY limits are only for ghosting and human players. On specimentation versus u can actually fly above it. Specimens CAN get out of sky limits. No problem to set the grenades this ability to not be limited by sky :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SMIFF
Upvote 0
Just gotta say that there might be difficulties about accomplishing the creation of this beast :(
My friend who promissed to work on the 3D model might have no time for it, of what he said he'll move out to Turkey or something like that :confused:
Maybe before he goes he finishes it, if yes then this would be piece of cake to finnish this :D
I already played with simple model to see if it'd work. Seems like I got some problems, but I'd eventually solve them. They r not rly big prob :D

Upvote 0