• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

16x9 ??

You can play RO in windowed mode.

Don't do that....all you have to do is set your screen resolution in your config.ini file to the widescreen resolution of your monitor. It is SLIGHTLY clipped at the top and bottom, but you will barely notice it. Also, the HUD elements will be slightly elongated.

I have been playing on a 16x9 widescreen at 1440x900 for a long long time, and there's no way I'd go back to 4x3.

Upvote 0
have a look at these, the HD5770. More than enough card for RO, and likely enough to run HoS at decent settings.
[url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600030349%20600007320%20600007603&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20[/URL]

Then again, the HD6xxx cards are about to come out, and that will give more choices there...as well as drive down the prices of HD5xxx cards a bit more.

Not sure about the latest nVidia cards, haven't run one of those since the 7000 series a few years ago.

Upvote 0
yeah you were asking about nVidia...and I gave the response I felt would best help you. :D:D

all joking aside...yeah the drivers should be the same, but as a general practice any time I install a new video card I get the drivers from the chipset manufacturer's site. I don't even bother with the cd that comes with the card or the card maker's site.

Upvote 0
When putting the first drivers on I always use the ones supplied by manufacturer(presuming its a new card) as sometimes they have additional info and programs that can be of use.

After that use nvidia drivers off nvidia website as these include updates that deal with problems in certain games.
I always wait a month after newest drivers come out as they sometimes have detrimental effect ,being tested only on nvidias nice new shiney machines ,when they get used by us the 'great unclean' with a hodge-podge of hardware they have problems.

Good luck

Upvote 0
When putting the first drivers on I always use the ones supplied by manufacturer(presuming its a new card) as sometimes they have additional info and programs that can be of use.

After that use nvidia drivers off nvidia website as these include updates that deal with problems in certain games.
I always wait a month after newest drivers come out as they sometimes have detrimental effect ,being tested only on nvidias nice new shiney machines ,when they get used by us the 'great unclean' with a hodge-podge of hardware they have problems.

Good luck

+1 Install the software that comes with the card, then you can update the driver, and still have any software that came with the card.
I have 22" ws monitor and a Radeon HD 5770 which runs the game full screen (1680 x 1050.) with no black bars at all at the top and bottom,
When you first start using the ws monitor,the game will look slightly flattened or elongated, but you get used to it after a while.
Another thing to note is your graphics card, depending on its make/age may not be able to run the game full screen anyway, if you get too big a monitor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You guys should also tweak your ini file for widescreen.

Go to <gameDir>\system. Open ut2004.ini. Find these lines:

FullscreenViewportX=xxxx
FullscreenViewportY=xxx

Change them to set your resolution.

Now open user.ini. Find these lines:

DesiredFOV=90.000000
DefaultFOV=90.000000

Change the values to set your FOV to your preference. I recommend 100 for 16:10 displays, and 105 for 16:9 displays. Unlike UT2003, the game will not revert high FOV values back to 100.
[url]http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/Unreal_Tournament_2004[/URL]

Upvote 0