• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does anyone even play RO anymore?

The Wild Bunch Server I + II is still full of players. I only play computer games like RO from october to march and yesterday I was happy to still find some other mates. To my surprise the game looks even much better than some month ago. I ve installed the newest amd grafic driver (radeon 4850) by steam, textures got a new face (etc. wood looks like real wood now). I still like this game.
The only thing I cant stand is the high ping of some players, because of the lack of servers many players from all over the world connects to the wild bunch servers. There should be a average ping limit. I hate it not to get the real position of a player due to the delays.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lack of servers? I have to disagree with you their, i count 122 servers at this moment in time.
Its not lack of servers, its lack of players to populate the servers, ppl. seem to migrate to the 50 player servers for some reason, and the truth is that most maps weren't made for that number of players, so the ppl. playing on them aren't experiencing the game the way it should be, when it was released.
50 player servers were a nail in the coffin of RO., they killed off a lot clan servers that depended on public players to keep them running and a lot of popular public servers that had a lower client count.
But is seems like some guys would rather play with a high ping, and the resulting lag, than switch to a less populated server.
It would be good if their was a ping limit to stop high pingers joining, but its too late for that now.

:IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0
Maybe twi would run 2 or 3 40 player servers. Just a slightly lower number but a much nice game mechanic.

Apart from kicking me last night for being mean, i do tend to play there.

TWI don't need to run lower count servers, there's about a 100 unpopulated servers that you and your mates could play on, there's plenty of choice if you are looking for a better game mechanic, on a lower count server.

If you choose to play on 50 player servers where the game experience isn't as good as you expect, then why play there?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TWI don't need to run lower count servers, there's about a 100 unpopulated servers that you and your mates could play on, there's plenty of choice if you are looking for a better game mechanic, on a lower count server.

If you choose to play on 50 player servers where the game experience isn't as good as you expect, then why play there?

Craig doesn't have any mates :p

Upvote 0
just started playing. was playing during nonpeak hours when there was only 250 players online in totoal (checked steam stats) and there was 2 full servers, one that is a 24/7 danzig of 36 players and another twb 50 player server. was able to get alot of fun gameplay so yes there are people who still play. the game (if you check steam stats) also seems to get an average peak of 750 players per day, which is pretty good. should be alot more full servers during peak hours!!!

Upvote 0
just started playing. was playing during nonpeak hours when there was only 250 players online in totoal (checked steam stats) and there was 2 full servers, one that is a 24/7 danzig of 36 players and another twb 50 player server. was able to get alot of fun gameplay so yes there are people who still play. the game (if you check steam stats) also seems to get an average peak of 750 players per day, which is pretty good. should be alot more full servers during peak hours!!!

Just wait til RO2 comes out...

Last edited:
Upvote 0