• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: Horzine M7A3 Medic Rifle

Damn, the M7A3 kicks like a mule. I'd prefer it if i would be able to use it on Semi-Auto. Full Auto has such a big recoil, if you aim at a chest of a Gorefast the second shot goes over the head.

The reload animation somehow looks a bit strange to me, i can't put my finger on it. The reload length is fine for balancing. Well done. With a few small tweaks it would be a great asset for the game. Can't wait for it to be whitelisted or even included in the game.

P.S.: I really love the Scope, looks great.

edit: The only thing i'm missing are bullet cases. I don't see them flying. Are the ejected in an uncommon way like the FN P90?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh nice....very nice. I figured out why it wasn't working too JC. You have a folder called "StaticMeshs" - it should be "StaticMeshes" - it works like a charm now ;)

Couple of obs/crits:

The texture goes all funky under certain lights. Not sure if this is deliberate, but it looks way too shiny at the moment.

Recoil could do with dampening slightly... its a little too high at the moment.

Also, another point on the MK23's - the firing sounds, in my opinion, are really woolly. Needs more "snap". I can try to find you a replacement firing sound if you like.

The reload feels really "loose" - dunno why, can't put my finger on it.

Other than that, the guns kick ***. Hopefully TW will get them whitelisted once final. :)

Upvote 0
Ooh, shiny.
Maybe a bit too shiny for killing floor.
I dunno why, sometimes it just spontaneously turns into a christmas tree.
At least if you go to the trader near the police station on westlondon, it does.

The recoil isn't the problem, it's the recoil weapon animation that is way over the top that makes successive hits hard.
Tone it down a bit. It shouldn't hop up and down THAT much.

Also the reload animation looks weird because he just swings the gun around as if it weighs nothing.
There should be a bit less/delayed gun movement.

Also here is the promised screenshot:
2m4alo2.jpg

(I made some more screenshots but almost all of them have no HUD or weapon for some reason so unfortunately, this one doesn't actually look up to the sky. Hope it suffices anyway)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great weapon, I like how it fires. Has a lot of kick to it, but is this only meant for Single Player? I have someone who downloaded the modification as well and when they go into my server (Even on the original MK23 Mod) the weapons in the trader menu are gone. Terribly sorry if I am asking/looking in the wrong place. Other than that I like the idea of the medic rifle.

Upvote 0
Great weapon, I like how it fires. Has a lot of kick to it, but is this only meant for Single Player? I have someone who downloaded the modification as well and when they go into my server (Even on the original MK23 Mod) the weapons in the trader menu are gone. Terribly sorry if I am asking/looking in the wrong place. Other than that I like the idea of the medic rifle.

Make sure the contents of "StatiMeshs" folder included with the mod actually go into KF's "StaticMeshes" folder, otherwise the mutator won't work.

Upvote 0
Interesting?

Damn interesting. Look at the reactions and look at the "provocation."

I only asked for a single screenshot so I could see the weapon clearly. I praised his obviously talented work. Every artist I have ever worked with or contacted has never had a problem providing additional examples of work. Unless, of course, selective secrecy or ambiguity is the current objective.

For some unknown reason he was coy, then said he didn't have time to do more screenshots (which everyone knows is a lie), and then he unleashed some frustrated diatribe about how I thought it was low quality work and that he wasn't appreciated. I think during all of that he posted another screenshot as well.

Later we find out that he just didn't want to. Perfectly valid response.

So yeah, damn interesting.

Upvote 0
wow

wow

I just installed the weapon pack.......holy heck! I played on normal I used 1011 perk selector to reflect my medic level. Since medic doesn't have combat bonuses I thought it was fair. I blew it apart. I only used the modded weapons. Good lord its awesome. Rifle for distant shots. I tapped the mouse to get that single fire effect. Boom! Headshot! Anything slipped past I whipped out the Mk23. I felt like a commando! The M7a3 is superior to the scar IMO. Recoil kicks but its not a spray weapon. Love the reload. Adds tension. The sound effect is cool too. Not sure if its the perk selector or you mod , but the clip size does not change with medic level. I am ok with that. Personally I think 15 is more than fair. At 30 rounds per mag why the hell use the mp7 (40 per mag)at all! Some how the rifle is even cheaper than the crappy Mp7. Might want to fix that. People may tell you to make the rifle heavier but the way the gun is handled in game makes it seem light to begin with. I am so happy! I think both weapons are ready for white listing. They are balanced in function, ammo capacity and damage. Where is the petition for me to sign?

Upvote 0
@Mutterbutter:
You can think what you want, but I really had no time to post those screenshots:
1.) I'm only at home on weekends and can't play games on my laptop in my flat.
2.) I had lots of stuff to learn for Uni.
But really I didn't do it to make you angry ;)

To the animation: It will get less movement, so that it feels heavier. But I thought the rifle weights about 3kg.... however it looks like more.
The next update will be on saturday as we both are not at home till then.

Upvote 0