• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Upgrades huh?

So on the pod cast quite a while ago John announced that we earn some sort of weapon upgrades or attachments (I forgot the specific word he used) for the guns.

Now, he gave an example of sniper scopes having more magnification power. But whats for the other guns? Will we have these upgrades for all classes?

At first when I was thinking about the other ones I thought of bullet types or something. But I am totally clueless as to what else can be in there.

So if you guys want to take any guesses and discuss all that you can below.

Personally, I think it's a great idea. We can pick the type of scope for our rifles depending on map size, and how close we will be to the enemy. At the same time, it's not an total advantage or gamebreaker.

John said, that all upgrades will be realistic.

Maybe something like this:
PPSh.gif

Here is original PPsh41 with 72 round drum magazine. This can be unlocked after some time cause rookie SMG player can start with that one

shpagin-41-2.gif

35 rounds mag.

There are also modifications like curved barrel, short criminal version, PPsh with suppressor but those were made in last part of the war and very uncommon.

Upvote 0
bayonets cant really be an upgrade since a green soldier would have all his equipment in perfect order and therfor have his bayonet and probably a very clean rifle as well. after all, green soldiers were straight from the training camps where they probably cleaned their rifle every day.

all heroes should be able to choose between carrying a pistol and more than 2 nades. real heroes should be able to do both.
abilyty to use the bayo as a knife maybe? and ofcourse upgrades must be stuff like rifle-nades, scopes and fancy explosives.
i guess what im saying is totaly customizable inventory for heroes.

the only thing i really expect is that the heroes are hairy and dirty, maybe blood on the uniform and stuff like that:p

Upvote 0
So on the pod cast quite a while ago John announced that we earn some sort of weapon upgrades or attachments (I forgot the specific word he used) for the guns.
Well finally we get confirmation that earning achievements can improve performance, an idea I've always liked.

So we can finally dispense with the "they're only cosmetic" dismissals now.

Upvote 0
This could be really interesting if used in the Rising Sun mod, some (Very, very few) American soldiers modified their M1 rifles to fire full auto, I'm not sure how, if I remember correctly it involves filing back the firing pin.
Might have involved fiilling down the sear.

A possible *upgrade* for the RS mod could be the Reising SMG (noted under combat conditions for it's unreilability).

ReisingSMGs.jpg

Upvote 0
It sounds like from the podcast that weapon upgrades will involve class transitioning also, such as riflemen advancing to elite riflemen, which may indeed involve leveling up to what is the markmans class (equipping with sniper rifles as John mentions in the podcast).

I wouldn't expect a lot of weapon upgrading minutia, but fewer more substantive elements.

Upvote 0