• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Perks and Weapons Needed

Anthraxxed

Oct 10, 2010
Hello, my game name is normally Anthrax, I have played Killing Floor for quite a while. I love Killing Floor with the game play and the great detail that was put into the guns. What I wish to right are just suggestions on somethings that can be changed about the game and I would like input from all forum members on their opinions. The thing I am noticing even in Suicidal mode is that during most of the maps you have a lot of money that you spend on ammo and better weapons but usually have a lot left over to throw to teammates or to just keep.

One of my suggestions is if all the weapons you buy they are bare and they don't have any attachments. But the trader sells all assortments of accessories such as bayonets, laser sites, scopes, extra hand hold of weapons, etc. This would open up a variety of uses for different things to use for all weapons and if you want to use the ironsites for your weapon(which I prefer) then you have that option. I know the programming changes that this would take but I believe it would really bring a new episode the whole game.

I feel that the Firebug and Demo perks need to go, they take a lot of kills but then just make the fps and scrakes rage on the whole team which kills the whole squad. While doing their havoc makes it hard to hit anything as a sharpshooter when it is needed most, plus in FF on servers and you get lev 3 Demos they destroy the teams over and over again. I know the Fire bug and Demo bring a different side of fighting to the game but its an annoying perks that normally hurt the team rather then help.

The following are three perks that would bring a whole new era of weapons to the game and would really bring back a style of fighting that would develop a players skill.

Assault perk-mainly specializes in SMGs, bring in the MP5 and MP5-K, real Mac 10, Uzi, etc. And have the option of dueling the smgs. Also make him a speedy perk he can run faster and he can drop ammo to other players.

Heavy Guns Perk-Uses the light machine guns M60, SAW, etc. also giving him heavier damage with a pistol, but a mega carrier like the Support.

Veteran Perk-This is just an over all fun perk and I would love to see what you guys would do with the guns. This is the WWII perk for the many WWII lovers out there. Bring in the Thompson, M1A1 Garand, German Mp43, Mp44, M1 Carbine, and the BAR. This perk just specializes in the control and damage of the WWII guns.

Oh my... All of these have been done to death and the answer has been "no" every single time, I'm sorry. Absolutely none of the weapons here fit in this game one bit, anyway. I.e. all the American LMGs and American WW2 weapons.

You're also suggesting to add a perk that covers every single area that other perks already have occupied. In fact, we had a thread like that a few minutes ago, what is going on here? Don't forget the SMG perk. It's already there, called "commando". If you suggest a perk, make one up that does something that hasn't already been done or suggested.

And what the flippin' hell is wrong with you, suggesting that the Demo and Firebug perks have to go, considering the amount of work put into them?

I don't wanna get banned, so I'm leaving my post here. can someone try and vent for me?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok I was looking at this charitably at the start until the line of "I feel that the Firebug and Demoman need to go". Why on earth would we want to remove 2 perks that actually require use of a brain for 3 perks that would just be spray gaying?

Anyway, trying to remain professional.

The extra add ons for weapons have been suggested before. I don't like this idea since it requires a tonne of work, and also the weapon attachments themselves play a big role in the actual balance of the weapons. I wouldn't mind a stretch of a melee attack for certain weapons (Like Yomammasis was working on) to make them more effective, but otherwise I fail to see the benefit of adding this feature... especially since it just confuses the trader menu even more than it already is.

Firebugs and Demomen aren't bad perks. The players playing them are bad players. I've seen way more people die to a sharpshooter bullet than I have to Firebugs, and a good demoman is actually quite a helpful player. Removal of these perks just because idiots suck with them since it requires a little more thought than just stand and spam does more to harm the game than help it.

And quick 1 line answers to perk suggestions:

Assault - Forever inferior to Commando at the same job.
Heavy Weapons - Overpowered and lame.
Veteran - Gimmicky and unneeded.

Note: I'm not being a jerk, I just strongly disagree with pretty much the entire thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One of my suggestions is if all the weapons you buy they are bare and they don't have any attachments. But the trader sells all assortments of accessories such as bayonets, laser sites, scopes, extra hand hold of weapons, etc. This would open up a variety of uses for different things to use for all weapons and if you want to use the ironsites for your weapon(which I prefer) then you have that option. I know the programming changes that this would take but I believe it would really bring a new episode the whole game.

I feel that the Firebug and Demo perks need to go, they take a lot of kills but then just make the fps and scrakes rage on the whole team which kills the whole squad. While doing their havoc makes it hard to hit anything as a sharpshooter when it is needed most, plus in FF on servers and you get lev 3 Demos they destroy the teams over and over again. I know the Fire bug and Demo bring a different side of fighting to the game but its an annoying perks that normally hurt the team rather then help.

The following are three perks that would bring a whole new era of weapons to the game and would really bring back a style of fighting that would develop a players skill.

Assault perk-mainly specializes in SMGs, bring in the MP5 and MP5-K, real Mac 10, Uzi, etc. And have the option of dueling the smgs. Also make him a speedy perk he can run faster and he can drop ammo to other players.

Heavy Guns Perk-Uses the light machine guns M60, SAW, etc. also giving him heavier damage with a pistol, but a mega carrier like the Support.

Veteran Perk-This is just an over all fun perk and I would love to see what you guys would do with the guns. This is the WWII perk for the many WWII lovers out there. Bring in the Thompson, M1A1 Garand, German Mp43, Mp44, M1 Carbine, and the BAR. This perk just specializes in the control and damage of the WWII guns.

Each attachment combination would require a new skin. That's a hell of a lot of work.

The SCAR and M14 being the worst. Side rails, top rails and under rails. Say there's 50 possible attachments. That's 3x50+1 models for just two guns.

Just a tip, it's sights, not sites. A site is like an archaeological site, iron sights (yes, this spelling) is related for weapons. This should help you :)

These 2 perks are here to stay. Your opinion is outweighed by TWI's and our opinions, which states that they're good and should continue to be good. Someone who i don't know spent a lot of time designing, coding and skinning/texturing all the demo weps and the demo perk itself.

Your new perk idea has already been suggested, as well as a dual-wielding version. IDK the concensus. but i'm sure it was no. Also,

How can a Commando perk with SMGs bring back a style of fighting that developes a player's skill? It seems to me that it'd do the exact opposite; and KF would end up in CoD4's/MW2's main playstyle: spamfest.

American weapons perk in a British-set game? How... inappropriate.

Everyone here would prefer British weapons to American weapons in KF 10/10 of the time. The BAR is American, which is bad.

The Bren, Sten/Sterling, MP38/40, Webley/Scott, Lee-Enfield, these are way better WWII-era weapons. Rather than an M1 Garand/Carbine, go with an SKS.

And have the option of dueling the smgs.

What? How would fighting his guns help kill the specimens?

Reactions: EricFong
Upvote 0