• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

http://bashandslash.com podcast about RO2

Apos

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
Hey,

There was very quick info about upcomming podcast and chat with Ramm.

If you missed it, don't worry. I recorded it and copied chatlog.

Audio:
before that was speech about how bad is new MoH, so I didn't recorded.

podcast_low.mp3 - 7.36MB

http://hotfile.com/dl/74944082/e931872/podcast.mp3.html

http://w476.wrzuta.pl/audio/8lJ1nB1DDcl/podcast_about_ro2_heroes_of_stalingrad

(right now I'm looking for some better websites to host it, any ideas?)

Chatlog (not all ):
Spoiler!

Last edited:
thx for recording.. couldnt listen to the HOS part of the podcast... because needed to play a RO match :rolleyes:

Np, however most interesting was live chat with Ramm. He confirmed 100%:
- PC only
- Unreal Engine 3, latest version w/ DX 9.0 and 10 support
- Modders are working on future mods already
- Beta before the end of the year
- Tank crew: 3 human players, full AI tank crew
- Release date: 2011
- Lots of customizability for clan play :D

Added Zshare mirror, lower quality but still ok.

Upvote 0
So many misinformed crazies in that chat.

Ramm must have a permanent dent in his forehead from all the facepalms.

Absolutely not. Those are exactly the people that I WANT to get interested in RO2. They might not know everything about the game, but they are REALLY interested, and tired of getting crappy console ports for their MP FPS games. While I wouldn't mind selling RO2 to all the people that bought RO1, I want to spread the word and make RO2 THE premier military MP FPS on the PC. That means getting people outside of the RO community.

Upvote 0
Undoubtedly the most vacuous, pointless interview I've ever, ever heard.

None of them knew anything about the game - they didn't even know the engine it was based on. Talking about 'FOX news banners' on the big 'blockbuster' games? What the hell was that about?

It was just embarrassing, particularity the guy who wanted a modern combat mod because he had no interest in WW2.

None of them knew anything - no one even knew if there was a beta; why they just chose to discuss this game I have no idea. Just cringeworthy.

Is this honestly the sort of **** we're going to get? RO2 deserves so much more.

Reactions: Stormer
Upvote 0
I just wanted to stop by and thank ramm for coming by the show.CROSSHAIRS. The edited cast will be up in a day at http://www.bashandslash.com/[url]http://www.bashandslash.com[/URL] .

The COD community is well aware of RO HOS and the original RO. Many of the prominent modders in the community see the game as an alternative to the current trend in gaming that limits custom content.

In some gamers opinions locked down server files and lack of SDK out of the box threaten to divide the PC gaming community and homogenize the PC gaming experience.

Crosshairs reflects but does not have an agenda regarding specific issues.

Crosshairs is an open forum for pc gamers to use their voices whether they are casual gamers or practice the craft of mapping or modding.

If you like to use your voice and talk about FPS gaming you are welcome to participate by adding ibleedv20 to your Skype contacts and joining us Saturdays at 3pm est for our live show.

I think you will like the show and the other content at the Bashandslash Network.

Long live PC Gaming

Reactions: OneDuck
Upvote 0
What makes you say they're looking forward to it? They clearly know nothing about it.

Whats your problem seriously?
I for one come from the Cod community as well, bash crew and the cod community is a great bunch as with all folks there is kids and what not, i agree completely with ramms post, we're tired of crappy console ports and the lack of PC support. HoS has been a very active topic within the overall cod community the last couple of months, and i recon a lot of people have high hopes for it, that goes for myself and our clan as well.

Bashandslash <3 , Tripwire <3
The high quality edited version will be up on crosshairs site as usual within a few days for whoever missed/wants to listen in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Indeed, why everyone is so upset with this interview? How are we to get a multi-thousands beta if there are only people who still play RO around? And seriously, I think everyone got over excited the last weeks with the sudden storm of new info about the game so that every post or interview made by a TWI guy must be about something completely new from now on(e.g. tanks).

Remember, we need people who will buy HoS and play it for 1-2 months before the new CoD comes and they (unfortunately) forget it, just as much as loyal people like most here posting or still playing RO. And from my own experience, whenever I showed to my friends a video of RO or HoS they weren't that impressed or at least not as much as I, just because I showed them a video explaining a couple of new features in the game while they needed to check first a short demonstration of the whole gameplay, the short of thing you will get when major sites will interview TWI in the future.

Upvote 0
...The COD community is well aware of RO HOS and the original RO. Many of the prominent modders in the community see the game as an alternative to the current trend in gaming that limits custom content.

In some gamers opinions locked down server files and lack of SDK out of the box threaten to divide the PC gaming community and homogenize the PC gaming experience....
The main reason I left CoD after :UO was lack of community support or concern for player wishes.

Oh and FYI, there are no "Crosshairs" in RO (pardon the pun :p )

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, RO is a very niche market. The level of realism involved drives away alot of players. They are so used to the arcadey run n' gun shooters nowadays, that when something of a higher caliber comes along, it is just some weird anomaly that most cant wrap their brains around.

Like Ramm said, it is better to get those that are clueless to check it out and get them interested. It is the only way to expand the fan base, and make TWI even more money. :D I really want the release of this game to be of epic proportions, so that maybe other developers will see that making a PC only game, can be rewarding and profitable.

I am so eager to see how this game plays and performs on our new dedi box. 8 cores of hyper threaded bliss! Booyah! :IS2:

Upvote 0
Undoubtedly the most vacuous, pointless interview I've ever, ever heard.

None of them knew anything about the game - they didn't even know the engine it was based on. Talking about 'FOX news banners' on the big 'blockbuster' games? What the hell was that about?

It was just embarrassing, particularity the guy who wanted a modern combat mod because he had no interest in WW2.

None of them knew anything - no one even knew if there was a beta; why they just chose to discuss this game I have no idea. Just cringeworthy.

Is this honestly the sort of **** we're going to get? RO2 deserves so much more.
Have you even check bashandSlash forums these ppl knew that there is beta but you try to explain about HOS to ppl who play COD mostly so you go from basics.There are numerous post about HOS on their forums and there are ppl like me who played original RO mod,Ostfront and play COD too(till MW 2). For the game to get better it needs to sell so devs can continue their work.Look where RO is now only few servers with ppl playing least for me here in Australia.I have to jump on US servers with ping 200 to have a game.I would be happy if there is more COD players interested in Red Orchestra

Upvote 0
99% of all interviews you will see for ROHOS even if big people end up interviewing like gametrailers will primarily ask things we as a community will know already.

absolutely right. and even worse, when I presented ostfront to the german games mags at the office of the german publisher frogster interactive, even the employees of frogster didn't have a clue about RO and saw it in action for the very first time. the reporters also didn't know anything 'bout it, so that's kind of normal IMO

Upvote 0