• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire in the news :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
did they give it a backstory? i thought that was only single player by virtue of replacing ppl with bots, and letting you play aas offline.

You had a bit of text inbetween missions i believe stating the history in sp. It was effectively mp with bots, but we don't know yet whether twi goes for much more than that themselves.

We know at least that we'll probably be confined to the same levels, but even with the same basic structure you can still make a pretty good single player experience by changing the pathing and initial locations of the enemies and perhaps some scripted events.

So the SP can be a really nice experience that feels like a SP experience, however it could end up more like mp with (good) bots.

Upvote 0
you could already play as the japanese and germans in games going as far back as allied assault in 1999(probably others)

In SP campaign? I doubt it

bf1942 is the only game i remember that let you play as the axis in "single player"

did they give it a backstory? i thought that was only single player by virtue of replacing ppl with bots, and letting you play aas offline.

it was a while back when i started with bf1942......from what i remember there was next to nothing in between maps. basically an overview of the next map with a small bit of historical background. and this "single player" was pretty much the same thing as the current "practice mode" in ROOST.......it was far from what is seen as the standard "single player" modes in mainstream games.

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
yeah that's what i mean
the only proper storied example of an opfor campaign (from the west's perspective) i can think of is in vietcong 2 - but even then i seem to remember you being coersed into fighting the US by nva propaganda, with you questioning (if not actively resisting) communist forces.

come to think of it now there was sniper elite where you played an american spy of german decent (or at least you were fluent for some reason) who was tasked with eliminating russians in late ww2 berlin due to cold war fears.
So really that doesn't count at all i guess.

Upvote 0
You had a bit of text inbetween missions i believe stating the history in sp. It was effectively mp with bots, but we don't know yet whether twi goes for much more than that themselves.

We know at least that we'll probably be confined to the same levels, but even with the same basic structure you can still make a pretty good single player experience by changing the pathing and initial locations of the enemies and perhaps some scripted events.

So the SP can be a really nice experience that feels like a SP experience, however it could end up more like mp with (good) bots.

I really do hope it's some type of cinematic singleplayer. I thought I heard TW went all out in hiring guys for that particular reason? I'm just itching for news, ants in my pants, hitch in my stitch, :IS2: in my stew. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.