• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heros of stalingrad Release date

A few weeks sounds pretty reasonable(collect data, heatmaps, bugs), no need to keep a public beta running for months.

I would like a maximum of 2 weeks.
Why? I'm going to be very addicted to that game. (I can look in the future ;)) & playing it longer than 2 weeks would it only make harder for me to say a temporary goodbye to HoS. :D (And having 20k of beta testing ppl would be enough for 2 weeks..Tripwire would get a lot of new information they can use to fix, adjust, etc in the original game).
The only thing i'm hoping is.. that the BETA isn't going to be Danzig.
I know I know.. i'm a new player to RO since a few weeks now and I was very addiced to that map and i'm looking forward to see Danzig on the new RO..but I would prefer an other map..just for getting the excitement a little higher)
I love danzig, but those other maps are looking neat too.
But I presume it's going to be Danzig because it was so popular on Ostfront. :p

But SRSLY U GAIS!!
Every time a topic is made with such a subject i'm almost getting a heart attack.
Please dudes, spare me! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Witzig
Upvote 0
Is this going to be a 'public beta' or a 'real beta' ?
(Public betas are more like pre-release demos.. which is why I ask.. the MMO community ruined the term 'beta' for the rest of the programming world)

Well i guess the Real Beta is with the bigger small Group of around 500, and the 20k is mostly for Stress testing, finding exploits and Hardware problems. Anything you only find out with lots of people.

Upvote 0
In testing and bug fixing like with everything else you need feedback.

Aka even if you report 10000 bugs with 20000 people in 2 weeks. Fixing those 10000 bugs can create another truck load of fresh bugs.

Meaning that every time a small change is made it needs to be tested by the same group till its considered good enough. So even if you can report issues with the speed of light the devs need to be able to fix it to let you test the fix before they can make the game gold.

And most likely those fixes for bugs again get tested first internally and then by a small select group and then finally is a test tried at the big 20k group.

Upvote 0