• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3.3 Map jewel

Then I want my all time favorite map Jucha again...

The whole time of the mod era I felt deep hate for this map as you actually couldn't enter any of those buildings you wanted nor shoot out of any window. As I opened the map in the editor I found out why no one yet had decided to change this: The map actually consisted of 100% static meshes!

If Jucha is ever done again I want fully accessible buildings and the Russian unit which was called the "2nd NKVD Airborne of blabla" should finally enter the battle with a parachute.

Karlovka was a nice map but it needed teamwork which in public games rarely happened as people often insulted you if you told them to give covering fire for the pioneers. Sad times :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The whole time of the mod era I felt deep hate for this map as you actually couldn't enter any of those buildings you wanted nor shoot out of any window. As I opened the map in the editor I found out why no one yet had decided to change this: The map actually consisted of 100% static meshes!

If Jucha is ever done again I want fully accessible buildings and the Russian unit which was called the "2nd NKVD Airborne of blabla" should finally enter the battle with a parachute.

Karlovka was a nice map but it needed teamwork which in public games rarely happened as people often insulted you if you told them to give covering fire for the pioneers. Sad times :(

I totally agree......

Reactions: Hausfeld
Upvote 0
@Emperor

Mate, I don't know from which version of Jucha it changed, but after a while playing on the level you described (no accessible buildings), the map was worked over again and suddenly had tons of accessible buildings. I remember the Axis sniper being able to climb on 3rd floor of a building and overlook almost the entire map.

Besides, if fast enough, you were able to run into several buildings to fire at the enemy from their own direction, making it almost impossible for them to figure out where the shots came from. It was great that you were able to open and close a window if you wanted to...

I don't remember which version it was, but I think I played it in 2003...

Upvote 0