• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blowing off Patriarch's limbs

Peacemaker

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 24, 2010
Hi to everybody, i don't know if a similar thread was open so, i have some questions to ask:

1.-If it possible to blow the patriarch's legs?
2.-If the answer is yes, what happens if you blow the leg where the patriarch has his syringes?
3.-how much health should be the patriarch to remove his limbs?

That's all.
cya.

Most enemies can lose their heads before they die, but none can lose any other body part. I have never seen a head-less patty before so I would assume he has some advanced version of hard-headed so he doesn't decap ever.

There is no more "HardHead" variable. That was replaced with "HeadHealth" after the Level Up patch. When HeadHealth<=0, the RemoveHead function is called. The Patriarch has uses it's own version of RemoveHead() which does absolutely nothing [ZombieBoss.uc].

Upvote 0
Wasnt there a thread ages ago that showed on the model that the Patriarch's head hitbox was actually on his big eye and not his whole head?
It was direct hits on that eye that did the most damage if I remember correctly.

Yes the eye is not his real hitbox rather the thread explained that the eye have multiple hitbox which mean the whole patriarch's head is full of weakness.

Upvote 0
A funny but rare occurrence. Most of the time they just fall over. I wish they kept charging more often.

It's definitely funny when people get used to them falling, only to 180 around and they're still coming after them.

But in all honesty, I believe you can gib Patty with the L.A.W.; one time I hit him directly in the chest and never saw him again. lol

Upvote 0
It's definitely funny when people get used to them falling, only to 180 around and they're still coming after them.

But in all honesty, I believe you can gib Patty with the L.A.W.; one time I hit him directly in the chest and never saw him again. lol

He's sometimes stuck in cloak mode when he dies, but I'm sure you can gib him with it too :D

Upvote 0
You can, only when he dies though.

If you're thinking of blowing those syringes off of his leg, won't happen.

If you want to prevent him from healing, you're gona have to chase him, if he cloaks away, and do a certain amount of damage before he pops the syringe, making him kneel and drop it.

Or

you can zerg him, keeping the damage up, making him kneel several times until he dies.

And yes you can gib him, usually works with explosives and shotties.

Upvote 0
You can, only when he dies though.

If you're thinking of blowing those syringes off of his leg, won't happen.

If you want to prevent him from healing, you're gona have to chase him, if he cloaks away, and do a certain amount of damage before he pops the syringe, making him kneel and drop it.

Or

you can zerg him, keeping the damage up, making him kneel several times until he dies.

And yes you can gib him, usually works with explosives and shotties.

:eek::IS2::eek:

Upvote 0