• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

StG44 in 1942?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a map where the Germans only get Mkb 42's vs the Russians who only get ATV40's. If not, then someone in the community NEEDS to make a map just to spite this thread.

I hope its not "for every 3 Mp40 guys 1 guy gets an MKB 42"....

On a side note I think that the reason the devs put this gun in was to have a model for when they include MP44's in later war maps.

Reactions: Lucan946
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure accessing the Mkb42 in the game (i.e vanilla ROHOS) will require the player involved to be of "hero" status. Regardless of the server/server settings - if the player isn't a hero - then he cannot select the Mkb42...

So someone would have to create a mod to get access to the weapon, and that mod will probably not be compatible with ROHOS persistent player progression system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure accessing the Mkb42 in the game (i.e vanilla ROHOS) will require the player involved to be of "hero" status. Regardless of the server/server settings - if the player isn't a hero - then he cannot select the Mkb42...

So someone would have to create a mod to get access to the weapon, and that mod will probably not be compatible with ROHOS persistent player progression system.

I wonder about that though, since the weapon is not part of a regular assault class (thank god) but a class of itself (elite assault). I think that the elite classes might by default be given hero status no matter who picks it. But that people with perhaps better statics will be given preference over picking the actual class.

Upvote 0
One of the biggest parts of enjoying a game like this is the immersion, and with the great interest I have in the history behind the game (mostly thanks to the original RO) even the smallest things can sometimes break that immersion for me.

That said, multiplayer is always hit or miss on how immersive it is so it's not likely to bother me there, whereas the single-player campaign feels more like it should adhere to historical accuracy as much as possible, so seeing as how disputed it's presence at Stalingrad was I just hope it's not a weapon we'll see in the campaign, which I assume is still part of the game :eek:.

Last edited:
Reactions: LemoN and Hausfeld
Upvote 0
Some people are taking this waaay too harshly. I mean, comparing HoS to call of duty simply because they added in a rare weapon that was used in Stalingrad? Calm down people.

To be true, if they added rare weapons that were really used in Stalingrad then i'm happy. This mean that the game is realistic and serious 'cause all the weapons respect the date represented in the game (1942 and beginning of '43) and that Twi worked to place all the real existing weapons in the game. Really good thing. +1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some of these suggestions are starting to sound ridiculous. I think just finishing all of the core Wehrmacht and Red Army stuff should be the most important things. i.e. Finishing the PIV and the T-34, finishing sounds, models, and textures. If there were only around 235-255 Fallschirmjaegers in Stalingrad, I think they are EXTREMELY less important than the other 200,000+ soldiers in the city.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.