• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO:HoS Fact Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walls like that usually aren't solid. Of course only someone who's visited the actual grain elevator would be able to say for sure, but it looks like the type of wall that's just a frame with thin wood or plaster on each side, and mostly hollow apart from plumbing and wiring. An MP40 could totally shoot through that.

You are confusing the English/American/Australian way of building with the Euro way of building.

All walls in Euro buildings at that time, and mostly even today, are made out of brick/concrete. There are no things such as wooden frames with a thin layer of plaster on the outside.

Upvote 0
You are confusing the English/American/Australian way of building with the Euro way of building.

All walls in Euro buildings at that time, and mostly even today, are made out of brick/concrete. There are no things such as wooden frames with a thin layer of plaster on the outside.

In Britain most buildings were, and still are built with mainly brick and concrete, we don't generally build main infrastructure with wood.

Upvote 0
Jimmy posted a link to Ramm explaining Campaign Mode at PAX. Lots of good stuff:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=623033&postcount=15

Main points:
- Server decides who has initiative on first battle, Axis or Allies
- Winner of said battle decides where to attack or defend
- Resources abstracted as "Combat Power"
- You can win by attrition / bleeding dry by depleting enemy Combat Power
- Attacking uses more Combat Power than Defending
- 10 territories = 10 maps
- Reinforcements affect Combat Power - less lives you loose, more Combat Power you retain

Looking at the map, I can see Krasnyi, and maybe Tractor. So those locations will be represented some how (all new maps?). Huge territory on the West side, likely the tank map.

Upvote 0
Jimmy posted a link to Ramm explaining Campaign Mode at PAX. Lots of good stuff:
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=623033&postcount=15[/URL]

Main points:
- Server decides who has initiative on first battle, Axis or Allies
- Winner of said battle decides where to attack or defend
- Resources abstracted as "Combat Power"
- You can win by attrition / bleeding dry by depleting enemy Combat Power
- Attacking uses more Combat Power than Defending
- 10 territories = 10 maps
- Reinforcements affect Combat Power - less lives you loose, more Combat Power you retain

Looking at the map, I can see Krasnyi, and maybe Tractor. So those locations will be represented some how (all new maps?). Huge territory on the West side, likely the tank map.
what you mean with iniciative on battle?

Upvote 0
what you mean with iniciative on battle?

Initiative in who gets to choose to attack or defend first. Think of it as a coin-toss in an American Football game. If you win the coin toss, you can choose to kick-off or receive. Similarly, the winner of initiative gets to decide to attack or defend.

At least that's my guess.

Forgot to mention, Ramm said attacker and defender can switch on each map. So lets say Axis successfully attacks Tractor Factory, if Allies attack, then Axis defends the Factory!

Sounds like an automated custom maps from IC/BFE.

Guess I should have watched the vid straight through first.

Two more things to add

- The scoped rifle can have different distance settings dialed in for the scope and iron sights, which makes a ton of sense.
- As expected, in campaign mode, you can only attack territories adjacent to your own - no Fallschirmjager jumping out of recon planes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
i completely missed this article from GamesCom wtih these facts about multiplayer campaign......

Multiplayer campaign can be played using all three gamemodes: territory, firefight and countdown.

now i had to laugh because i asked alan at PAX about the potential to use countdown through campaign and he replied alone the lines of, "we've thought about doing that".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.