• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Reqiuem (Remake of Fel's Pit Level)

Soulcrusher

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
rq01.jpg

KF-REQUIEM_BETA_2

BY: The Animal (Soulcrusher)

MAP Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?3z2v1t36gddbg4c (37.44mb, will have a compressed version here soon)

*If you're seem to have some missing files and really want to try the map, here are some files to help you out:

Texture Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?9s873462m6c5ds3 (3.26mb)
Static Mesh Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?0p1oe06obcgpm3c (810kb)
(If you still seem to be missing any files, please let me know, =)

rq02.jpg

rq03.jpg

rq04.jpg

rq05.jpg

rq06.jpg

rq08.jpg

rq09.jpg

rq10.jpg

rq12.jpg

Last edited:
W00t 4 megaupload. Not only do I get to wait 45 seconds before the dl starts but theres an awesome popup I get to read while waiting for an unzipped 31mb file to dl at a max speed of 135/kbs that is acting like its 15kb/s.

/sarcasm

Love the screenshots, would love to try it out but after 7 minutes I canceled the dl. Tried it twice, canceled twice.

Any chance of using a mirror and possibly a zipped file? Filefront, easy, free and fast dl speeds.

Upvote 0
the floor texture is much too big, change it to .25

That's an easy fix. So far the only thing people don't like is boring floor and floor texture to big. I'll be honest, didn't pay much attention to the floor during production, but I enjoy seeing what other people think, b/c they always will look at it different than you and focus on things you don't.

I've spent weeks testing the map with different KF friends and fixed alot of problems along the way and was hoping to get opinions about the actual gameplay.

W00t 4 megaupload. Not only do I get to wait 45 seconds before the dl starts but theres an awesome popup I get to read while waiting for an unzipped 31mb file to dl at a max speed of 135/kbs that is acting like its 15kb/s.

/sarcasm

Love the screenshots, would love to try it out but after 7 minutes I canceled the dl. Tried it twice, canceled twice.

Any chance of using a mirror and possibly a zipped file? Filefront, easy, free and fast dl speeds.

Will work on that shortly and get you a mirror, any site you recommend?

Upvote 0

Dude, this is very sick. I have a friend that helped me test this map, and besides making the map look good, my main concern was to make the map very fast paced and very hard, like the doom map on steroids. I feel most maps are too slow paced and don't require alot of teamwork... unlike my map, Requiem. When I was testing, I constantly teaked the spawn times, locations, etc to make it "un-campable" pretty much. It basically comes down to if you can't kill zombies at the speed of light, you will get overrun quick.

Normal is a challenge for the novice,
Hard is a tough challenge for anyone,
Suicidal might just be impossible - especially when I finish it.

This is just awesome man, very glad you posted this footage, makes me want to put way more effort into the map than I was going to do orginally. Any feedback or tweaking you think it needs will help me, and my main focus behind the map design is to make it "Ninja Gaiden" Hard.

Upvote 0
We have our Steam group for our server and we do all the stuff on suicidal :p
so..."bring it on" :cool:
Maybe 5-6 times we shall fail but at the end Pati has his *** kicked :IS2:

That's what I like t hear. I see you guys have favored the cleanest hall. Been working on Beta_2 and will be adding a spawn for crawlers in that hall. It will be in the ceiling where they will seem to have come through and busted through the pipe system. It will be easily noticeable that there is a busted through hole on top.

Other fixes I have done is destroying the floor in areas, creating damage marks, and adding lots of blood and giblets in the more destroyed areas. The area with the blown up doorway with the light out looks ike a massacre. Anyways, your videos were much help and I'll have the beta_2 later today for you to try in your next video. Will post new screens here soon also.

*I will also be giving you and Fel special thanks notes or else the map would of never happened or been nearly as motivated to give it the extra edge I gave it in the last 24 hours.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wait, did you use my old crappy deathpit (took 30 min to make), or my Revamp ver?

I would usually not allow whitelisting for remakes of my maps, but this is almost a completely new environment, so i must allow it

Man if you would have used the Revamp ver you wouldnt have had to mess with the gameplay, that map is 3x as hard as this

Although our crew plays Deathpit-Revamp alot. Heres the trick to winning on hard. Get a demo, and place a crap load of pipes lol. And also have a good medic with you

Doesnt look like your spawns are going fast enough. did you use the KFGameInfo Actor?

Ps, i would use the custom boss method i used in revamp.

EX: Sirens wave 2, Scrakes wave 4. FP wave 5

PPS: you want to see sick maps, check out my signature. (points to Road To Perdition)

When I was testing, I constantly teaked the spawn times, locations, etc to make it "un-campable" pretty much.

lol thats what most mappers do, well mappers who care about gameplay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0