• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

He grab me from mates to incoming specimens!!

joleBARGE

Jan 7, 2010
i think that one thing should be fun and add some difficult on killing floor:

i don't know when he would come (wave 3? 6? or?)
and i don't know his strengh, speed etc......
that is just an idea.

imagine .. hum.. on westlondon for exemple. you are in the tunnel near police station. 3 guys in front, one on the police car, and 2 behind.

specimens are coming, you shoot & shoot, but one new specimen comes, "The grappler".
he shot from mid distance, hit your shoulder, then grab you to him, near the gorefast, colts, scrakes.... you are dead.

-Basicly this specimen has a strong upper body. one of is arm got something like an harpoon/grapnel cannon (like the husk). his other arm is cut (like the gorefast).
On his back he got an attachment to grab back the cord, harpoon/grapnel, and if success the player.

Reactions: _Duke_
The grappler has been suggested before, with the same name and it's waaay too much like L4D.

ho sorry i didn't sreach if there was this idea.

i didn't think to that, but now you said this, yes it is close to the L4D smoker!

i stopped L4D since i discover killing floor (maybe one year??), and i did't remember that there was a smoker (as i didn't remember that L4D exist LOL) while thinking to the grappler idea LOL !

Now i nearly got all perks to lvl6, Suicidal is cool but i want more difficult, more challenges like new specimen. and something as brutal and scray as the fleshpound.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No... Specimens like this have been suggesged before and they would never work in KF since there is no revive like in l4d. If you get pulled or thrown in the middle of the specimens youd be dead for sure in the harder difficulties, just like you said yourself.

Specimens that have the ability to kill you on one hit are never a good idea.

Upvote 0
When i first saw the title i was like "Is this guy english?" and then when i read it i was like, "Oh, charger from l4d. No ty kthxbye."

Actually, 1st I thought it was a L4D Jockey. Then I thought it was a L4D Charger. Then I thought it was a L4D smoker.

I had a similar, but more original variant: Why not make a ranged specimen which can slow down players, thereby being able to pick off retreating or even ramboing players?

Not the same, but by slowing the player down, doesnt it basically reel the player in in a way?

Upvote 0