• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New stalker attack: 'Kiss' biting of the tongue

New stalker attack: 'Kiss' biting of the tongue

• Yes!

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • No, stalkers do not need buffing!

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • No, just no.

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • All I can say is: ShamWOW!

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
I voted no for buff. Still wondering what kind of buff is a kiss :)

But. I have found Stalkers and crawlers most annoying specimens in the game.

Iv played as demo, because of those annoying things i have started to use M79 and shotgun in Hard mode and PIPEs, i like this combination(pipes for biggies when seen em). (just practising hard mode yet)

Upvote 0
I voted no for buff. Still wondering what kind of buff is a kiss :)

But. I have found Stalkers and crawlers most annoying specimens in the game.

Iv played as demo, because of those annoying things i have started to use M79 and shotgun in Hard mode and PIPEs, i like this combination(pipes for biggies when seen em). (just practising hard mode yet)
Crawlers are annoying, Sirens are annoying. but nothing beats the husk. STOP EFFING SHOOTING ME BRO.

Upvote 0
And by the way, how do husks eat? I thought they had something over their mouths.

They use straws, or the cannon acts as a vaccum which sucks up ashes of dead players.

Did you know ash is quite nutritious in some ways? It's animal matter (we're talking about burning living things here, of course) and it should contain some of the minerals needed for growth and what-have-you. It's also good for plant growth as well - a great subsitute for manure!

/extreme offtopic.

Upvote 0
i only voted yes, because i just wanted stalkers to get a buff.

I however, don't like the kiss idea. Just doesn't seem right.

I agree with Undedd Jester's post on what stalkers need.
To improve it further, imo, add some sort of maim or bleed effect. Stalkers with two attacks? or maybe a combo, first would maim and the second would cause the bleed effect?

It would be nice to add a slow and damage over time effect on some specimens.

Probably enhancing the medics job, and enhance general teamwork as being maimed would obviously make you xxx% slower. Could probably accompany it with a 'dizzy' effect, just like some shellshock effect from being ninja'd by the stalkers? so reacting to suddenly being gutted out would be extremely difficult?

okay, now im just talking crap lol, well, all in all, i wouldn't mind a buff for stalkers, imo they need it. Since, well, they're just easy and usually end up as collateral damage, which....sucks.

Upvote 0
They actually do a sizeable amount of damage, y'know.

Agreed, but they die just like *clicks fingers* that.
well yea, just like any other specimens, they only become a problem if you let them be.

There aren't many of them that spawn, Most get killed in collateral damage, they aren't hard to kite; hell you can even reload when they do the attacking animation, even when 'not' using a commando not only they are easy to dispatch but they're pretty easy to see/notice and if you got your sound on, its much easier. The ammo capacity for most gun/perk is plenty to fire wild shots incase you feel 'something' ( a stalker) is there in the middle of the corridor.
Lastly, when a mando is around doing his/her job of keeping crawlers and stalkers away apart from the general trash mop up, its less likely you'd get hit by one.

These invisible women are meant to keep ya on your toes, it just doesn't seem that way anymore and is why im supporting Undedd Jester's post on buffing them. They don't neccesarily have to get a new attack that maims/kiss/DoT effect, just simple tweaks here and there as jester suggested.

Upvote 0