• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Last One Alive: Through the Fire and the Flames?

I'd like to see you survive on Wave 7 with a 9mm and an AK and Level 4 Sharpshooter. I'll be over there in the corner. Impress me.

You present a false premise. If I am on wave 7 then that means there is at least another player, and probably more, as well. By wave 7 they will have armor and their higher level weapons as well. Of course there is the infinitesimal chance that all of the original players left after wave 6 so only new joiners are in the wave. But if that was the case, a player would give away his only weapon, so that probably isn't the case.

Anyway, staying alive shouldn't be a problem. Pay attention to targets. Don't aggro anything that I can't kill. Stay behind the line. Not a problem.

And honestly, who cares if they die? I don't. I die all of the time in the game. I like to play in a style that if I miss two important shots in a row, I'll die. What is the worse that can happen? I'll spawn the next wave with cash and I can run to the trader to buy what I need.

The only way people truly learn is by failing. Shoot the wrong specimen in the wrong order. Reload going around a corner. Fighting under a ledge. Not shooting that Siren before the FP hits. I've died plenty of times in KF and it doesn't bother me one bit.

You make it seem as if EVERYONE has Level 6 Sharpshooter. Not everyone has Level 6 Sharpshooter, or wants to use it.

Nope. No I didn't. Reread what I typed. Here, I'll help. I'll even bold some words.

If you read my guide http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=42173 this is the exact reason why I recommend maxing sharpie first; So the player always has a powerful weapon when logging into the game.

Or perhaps you should demonstrate how well you'll do without the AK? Scratch out a living, for me, will you?

I don't like the AK. Prefer the bullpup infinitely more.

Also, claiming the AK-47 is worthless as a non-Commando is pretty ballsy. Especially when you get at least 8 magazines for it.

Hey, my opinion. I'd rather have my 9mm as a sharpie rather than any non-commando perk with the ak. Double ammo from cases as well.

Upvote 0
So, the fact that you do 40% extra headshot damage with ANY weapon in the game as a Level 4 Sharpie doesn't make the AK appealing to you at all?

I didn't say that. Would I not use the AK? Of course I'd use it. Extra bullets always helps. But I would choose being a sharpie (even lvl 4) with a 9mm over any other perk with only the AK (except for commando which benefits the ak or medic which the weapon doesn't really matter).

Upvote 0
I tried my best to re-rail this topic but it seems it is hopeless.

I tried as well, but was assaulted for trying. (perhaps 'flamed down' would be better word choice?)

And yes, at this point, until everybody gives up but one person who 'wins' then it will go on forever. No matter how much I am told otherwise, the evidence lies with me.

Upvote 0
I tried as well, but was assaulted for trying. (perhaps 'flamed down' would be better word choice?)

And yes, at this point, until everybody gives up but one person who 'wins' then it will go on forever. No matter how much I am told otherwise, the evidence lies with me.

Dude, threads are like ships. You can point them in the direction you want but no one really knows where they are going to end up. You asked a very simple question that has a limited number of answers. The thread then took off. If you want the thread to go in a different direction, just ask more questions.

As for 'winning', you certainly didn't mind when Compass declared himself the winner; 'whatever that means.' But the conversation is nothing but opinion. "I would do this." "He would do that." "She would do that." And so on. So there is no 'winner.'

Anyway, I thought the thread was considerably more interesting the way it went. Everyone stayed reasonably polite (except for you 'losing your temper' which I still can't figure out why anyone would get angry over a forum thread) and the thread went into 7 pages. What is wrong with that?

Upvote 0
Dude, threads are like ships. You can point them in the direction you want but no one really knows where they are going to end up. You asked a very simple question that has a limited number of answers. The thread then took off. If you want the thread to go in a different direction, just ask more questions.

As for 'winning', you certainly didn't mind when Compass declared himself the winner; 'whatever that means.' But the conversation is nothing but opinion. "I would do this." "He would do that." "She would do that." And so on. So there is no 'winner.'

Anyway, I thought the thread was considerably more interesting the way it went. Everyone stayed reasonably polite (except for you 'losing your temper' which I still can't figure out why anyone would get angry over a forum thread) and the thread went into 7 pages. What is wrong with that?

I was just sympathizing with 9_6, and acting bitter about being the equivalent at shouted down.

And Ive seen bigger fits over smaller issues.

After all, what I meant by 'putting my foot down' was that I was going to redirect the thread again by trying to brin back the original issues, then have you guys have your own thread. That way we are not all trying to get different things from one thread, thereby win/win.

However, clearly my impatience of getting my answer was getting to me.

Well, its not like I exploded or something.

But its okay; I got a little more of my answer, and I really don't have anything to do with your debate.

Clearly we cant all win here, so I decided to leave one little note to see if that might somehow make things any better. Obviously I was far too tired at the time, for why that would do anything is beyond me.

And I repeatedly understimate the fact that nutterbutters never relents. ever.

Reactions: smilin
Upvote 0