• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

StG44 in 1942?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or it has been "almost confirmed" that those rare weapons will be like 1 or 2 per map since elite classes are also 1 or 2? Why people keep bringing the "half team running with them" argument all the time, I thought we got over that. Or is it just me and I should start worrying too? :p

Yeah IIRC Ramm said something along those lines already, I just can't find the post atm.

Upvote 0
Is it me or it has been "almost confirmed" that those rare weapons will be like 1 or 2 per map since elite classes are also 1 or 2? Why people keep bringing the "half team running with them" argument all the time, I thought we got over that. Or is it just me and I should start worrying too? :p

You seem to forget that you can modify that so someone with a server will do just that very thing.

Upvote 0
one thing people tend to forget is that combat units rarely follow regulation to the letter

of course they were required to wear their helmets, did they always have it on ? no

for example in afghanistan and iraq you have soldiers that aren't wearing all of their required PPE, all the time ( no ear/eye pro, gloves etc things like that ) are they required ? yes ! do ppl wear them ? no

Upvote 0
This is exactly the direction YoSH was trying to keep this thread from going. Keep it cool or we'll lock the thread again.

Also You can't say the MkB "clearly never made it to Stalingrad" because there is no proof it wasn't there. We're still digging for the photo of the MkB in Stalingrad. We dug it up a couple of years ago when we were researching weapons for the game but need to find it again.

Honestly, Is there anyway that we an help Ramm? Is it online somewhere? I can care less if you find it or not, because I think the plausibility of it being there is sufficient to include it in this video game.... but I would like to help shut the mouths of those that encourage controversy only to increase their history ego on these forums.

Upvote 0
Maybe it would be very helpful if we discussed actual gameplay features and mechanics rather than if a certain weapon is in the game. After all the focus of the game is enjoyable realism or however you wanna name it, not strict/hardcore realism. For me, it matters more if the ballistics are as close to reality as possible rather than if the Germans have a 2nd automatic weapon with a different skin and sound that everyone must know it saw combat in Stalingrad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi
Relatively new here, although I'm sure Hockeywarrior knows me ;) I have another pic of the MkB42:

mkb-665x497.jpg

I found this being labeled "Demyansk Pocket 1942" but have no way to verify that.

Upvote 0
You seem to forget that you can modify that so someone with a server will do just that very thing.

Surely it's down to the players on their server? Players need to be of "Hero" status in order to get access to the weapon - which will probably be under the "assault" class, regardless of the server settings?

I imagine that would be coded in - and not be something that the people running the server will be able to change easily and/or without it actually being a "mod". And like has been said, if "server x" does have such settings. Don't play there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
one thing people tend to forget is that combat units rarely follow regulation to the letter

of course they were required to wear their helmets, did they always have it on ? no

for example in afghanistan and iraq you have soldiers that aren't wearing all of their required PPE, all the time ( no ear/eye pro, gloves etc things like that ) are they required ? yes ! do ppl wear them ? no

what exactly is your point? not wearing helmets had nothing to do with whether or not people had access to certain weapons.

Upvote 0
what exactly is your point? not wearing helmets had nothing to do with whether or not people had access to certain weapons.

i think he's commenting on how headgear worn in photos may not be the best way to judge when or where a picture is taken.
or maybe not i dunno, but it makes sense in the context of some posts here.

Upvote 0
Hi
Relatively new here, although I'm sure Hockeywarrior knows me ;) I have another pic of the MkB42:

mkb-665x497.jpg

I found this being labeled "Demyansk Pocket 1942" but have no way to verify that.

Can't be.

By April 1942 only 50 or so prototypes have been finished which did not see any combat (after all they are prototypes, so only for a closed circle of people and organisations for testing).

@ Hans Ludwig:

There is no way on earth that they dropped in a crate full of prototypes to aid a full Army Corps. (and even if they would have dropped in a few, who the hell would drop highly secret prototype weapons to help if they won't make any difference?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also You can't say the MkB "clearly never made it to Stalingrad" because there is no proof it wasn't there.

Sorry, don't kill me, but it doesn't work that way. You cannot provide proof for the non-existence of an item like that. It is simply not possible. There is always a level of uncertainty, because of the circumstances of the given event. It's like saying "provide me with proof that there was no <reasonable item> at <distant historical event>".

We're still digging for the photo of the MkB in Stalingrad. We dug it up a couple of years ago when we were researching weapons for the game but need to find it again.

It is great to hear/read now that you did have an image to base your integration of the weapon on. It would of course be very awesome, if you could find and show us said image. :)

Was the picture you had clear proof or was it subtle, could it be misinterpreted?

Reactions: SS-Kommando
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.