• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

a new zed to prevent corridor camping-might be unpopular

RO.Player

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
How about having a zed that comes from underground in random corners of the map? it could be weak but annoying like the crawler, and it would prevent the corridor camping that happens in EVERY game.
people might actually start to move and play-exploring the map(gasp!), and the game would become infinetly harder, more unpredictable, and more fun(at least for me).
obviously this is would be a pretty radical change, so maybe there could be a serverside option to allow this zed.
:IS2:

Reactions: _Duke_
Personally, i like corridor camping.

As a kid on 007 Goldeneye, i used to purposely ring the alarm and just kill enemies as they came down the corridor, it was great fun.

Don't push your way of fun(exploring) onto others, not everyone likes running around the map like rambo killing things, some people actually like to camp and defend an area.

Upvote 0
How about having a zed that comes from underground in random corners of the map? it could be weak but annoying like the crawler, and it would prevent the corridor camping that happens in EVERY game.
people might actually start to move and play-exploring the map(gasp!), and the game would become infinetly harder, more unpredictable, and more fun(at least for me).
obviously this is would be a pretty radical change, so maybe there could be a serverside option to allow this zed.

It would be hard to program, but a cool concept definatly.

But I prefer my own idea (the behemoth), but that is personal preference.

(plus my idea is mainly meant to make camping difficult, and require team-guided movement, thereby allowing some smart camping, and not forcing ramboing. However, it would be much easier to take down if the team were moving around, thereby encouraging, without forcing.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its an interesting idea, I like where your train of thought was going with that. Personally however I feel a ZED that goes underground seems a ittle out of place. I would like to see the Spectre myself, but with a few additions.

Original Idea and concept:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=575549&postcount=1

Suggested Tweaks:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=576194&postcount=54

A specimen like this should also be able to teleport through welded doors at the cost of using up one of its teleports.

This would allow the speicmen to close on the team and get behind them to deal its damage. The teleporting aspect would create alot of panic, as where it actually spawns around its target is totally random, and watching each others backs is a must.

Upvote 0
Its an interesting idea, I like where your train of thought was going with that. Personally however I feel a ZED that goes underground seems a ittle out of place. I would like to see the Spectre myself, but with a few additions.

Original Idea and concept:
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=575549&postcount=1[/URL]

Suggested Tweaks:
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=576194&postcount=54[/URL]

A specimen like this should also be able to teleport through welded doors at the cost of using up one of its teleports.

This would allow the speicmen to close on the team and get behind them to deal its damage. The teleporting aspect would create alot of panic, as where it actually spawns around its target is totally random, and watching each others backs is a must.

I support this idea 100%

Upvote 0
Why not just make maps that change with each wave? Making different corridors accessible and changing the whole map layout with each wave.
This.

I'd like to see doors that can't be fully repaired once damaged, and don't reset between waves.

I'd like to see doors that, once welded, can't be unwelded or even broken down, and are ignored by the zeds as though they were walls.

I'd like to see the players able to permanently lock themselves out of certain areas if they're not careful.

I'd like to see a map with 10 shop locations, and each time the trader time ends the door that led to her shop that time stays open but the trader just leaves and never appears at that location again - and instead that location just becomes another place the players can move through or camp at in combat.

I'd like to see corridors that collapse if they're hit with too many pipebombs.

EDIT: I'd like to see a mod of Icebreaker where the ship can spring a leak and force the players to finish within a given time limit - and the trader only appears if there's a shop location available above water.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Camping seem to be a common sense(not compulsory) for Killing Floor as you know this is all about survival so holding up at a suitable spot is logical. Unless you're talking about a game which requires you to travel to a checkpoint to complete some task while gunning down the specimens on your way. However a new specimen that could stop your from camping could be interesting.

Reactions: EricFong
Upvote 0
a new specimen that could stop your (team) from camping could be interesting.
Bears
872_bear.jpg

Upvote 0
New specimen would be nice. But if this kind is coming, i hope that only one appears in a wave. And that could be a little less heavier than Scrake. But only one. So when you kill it in that wave, you dont have to worry that anymore in that wave. But you have to be afraid of it in next wave. I like what like KF is right now. Perhaps because i havent played it so long time.

I like camping, like fortress style of map. I hope there would be one official fortress map, for campers to hold. I have played Hill, or was it King of the Hill map. I like those kind of maps, when i like to camp.

Im not sure, what i think about the biotics lab U-section now, becouse now its always welded shut. Now its like smaller map instead of "new thing". But of course, if theres commando in team, thats nice add. But servers i play, random players mostly, those doors are always welded.

I also like that specimens wont pop out from nowhere, like biotechnics lab, if you move a bit in corridor, and come back, theres group of specimens popped up waiting for you. They popped out of nowhere and there is even welded door behind em.

I hope that not every camp place would be nerfed in KF.

I like also running style in KF, but i also like camping. Both side of the game i hope it will be there. Camping and running style. Horror game, i hope there would be some kind of place to rest and heal if needed to go.

Running style of playing is fun with friends. And when someone suddenly go to solo, and rest of the team must go and save him.

How about, if theres a specimen, who graps player, and take him away of the team but doing no damage. Rest of the team must go after captured player and save him. So if fail to kill him before he get to melee range, he/it surely will take you. Might have suggested before. Sry offtopic. Just came in to my mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I keep hoping TWI will make a white-listed 12-player or higher map.
I like the 6-man mechanic but I don't see the harm if they balance their own map for larger amounts.

I could imagine a 'PK' mode for total of 12 players with 6 of them in each team fending off specimens in the same map but separated into 2 column to compete their scores and which team can finish the game fastest. For more difficulty the opposite side could purchase specimens they want and spawn them to disrupt the opposite team using their own money and for balance purpose you can only play this mode on suicidal only.

Reactions: _Duke_
Upvote 0

so its exactly like the crawler aka - spawns in random places and really weak.

sorry man but if the crawler cant do the job, i dont think your creature will either.

Upvote 0
The only way I can see it do its job as intended would make the game so random and crazy it would become a casual game. :/

i dont think he understands that zombies come from zombie volumes (a spawn). to have them randomly come into game from a place that has no zombie volume would be impossible. so it wouldnt be random, and having the strength of a crawler which is already pretty weak. just wouldnt be enough to push ppl out of an area.

really the crawler and stalker needs buffs, then there wouldnt be need for another creature to do their job (im looking at the husk)

Upvote 0
really the crawler and stalker needs buffs

What if stalkers really could kiss you... except they're actually biting your tongue. It'd be like a clot hold except it can only be done if you face their melee. You'd keep taking damage and be unable to move until the ***** is dead. Only 1 could 'kiss' you at a time, naturally, so not OP. The voice acted lines about kissing are already in place! :D

As for crawlers... perhaps they could shoot web that holds or slows you.
The problem with this is that since crawlers spawn in such large groups, there'd be web spam everywhere. It'd be like a spawn of 2-3 husks raping you, but with web instead of fire.

Reactions: HalfDemon
Upvote 0