• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire's 4th article - War or zombies?

Tripwire's 4th article - War or zombies?

• War

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Zombies

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Tripwire should stop making games

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • IS-2 simulator

Votes: 31 43.7%

• Total voters
Yeah, I should state I'd still buy KF2 just to support TWI.

It's just now that KF has been "achieved" true to Alex's original game, I think TWI has the freedom to do whatever they want with the franchise or core game play, and should definitely branch out. Campaign missions, a sand box environment, something other than the closed levels and somewhat one-note game play. KF was good, and I played the hell out of it...but I'm not keen for another semi-static MP setup.

Reactions: smokeythebear
Upvote 0
A real zombie outbreak simulator would be great.
I actually started work on an ArmA 2 mission (for now suspended due to heavy CPU usage resulting in a crazy low fps) that fills an entire island with zombies, civilians and which i dressed up with all kinds of usefull stuff to find.
People would spawn in one of four different locations on the map, have to find their own way without a map gathering stuff along the way and eventually escape from the island.
Preserving ammo is key because the zombies are everywhere. Interesting locations would be military bases (filled with zombies but lots of ammo and better weapons, probably a vehicle or two etc), radio towers (allowing you to call in a rescue helicopter, though most radiotowers lack the signal required to do so), airfields, harbors and also hospitals in cities where you might get a vaccine incase you might get bitten.
Other than that there will be various human outposts like church refuges, a research centre that captured zombies to study them in an animal pen (day of the Dead anyone? :)), military outposts equipped to exterminate the zombie threat and burn the bodies, and stuff like random carcrashes in the middle of nowhere.
Also i wanted to hide portable radios throughout the map that will play static messages when you come near them before signal is lost (deranged priest uttering stuff like "when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth", to reporters giving an update on the latest news with some hints in there like casually mentioning a hospital in a certain city or a refuge centre located somewhere).

However i put it on hold untill i get a pc that can actually run it :p

Upvote 0
How about a Coldwar tank sim? A "Fulda Gap" scenario. Massed Soviet tank units vs Nato tank units. The early T55s, Chieftains, M60s. Tank modelling, sounds, etc... No lazer aiming, no stabilization just newer tanks, and bigger guns. The larger RO maps are good size for such a concept.

First player map progression difficulty becomes harder each map you win out. No difficulty setting, easiest on first map then gradually difficult each map you win out. The Ultimate prize, as Soviet to parade through Paris or Nato Parade through Moscow(idk seems like a good idea)

Multi, enter a server on large tank map and realistically hunt and shoot enemies. Add some cool acheivements and focus on realism, perfect game that the whole family would enjoy.

zombie games borderline overdone imo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So just sitting a km away from each other hurling abuse?

Sure why not! You already do this in a IS2 on some maps. Isn't it the stalking that makes the gameplay interesting? Who knows with better graphics and true modeled tanks could be great! I'd think the main feature would be to have the best possible 1st player with a good solid progression system. Also, Map detail of real areas around Eastern Bloc countries, Germany, France etc. Of course Belgium, can never leave out ol'Belgium:( Possible community mod/map support, "Soviet Russia, invades your hometown!"

Some the modern tank sims I've played just weren't very good imo. And I think TW would do it the best way possible. This would be a huge undertanking to do a Modern Realistic Tank Sim "the right way", hence, sticking to the early Coldwar era.

If anyone knows of a GOOD modern tank sim, let me know.

thanks!

Upvote 0