• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HOS PAX 2010 interview

There's something quite disappointing I just saw in the video and I wish they could fix..
When playing a German, you see your teammates sprinting with the weapon in 1 hand but when you sprint you see in First Person that you're holding it in both hands.
:(

It caught my eye too.

Probably wrong thread to but what the hell.

Also I noticed these couple of things also when Ramm is adjusting snipers iron sight it just aims the gun higher rather than the actual sight is adjusted.

When Ramm throws a smoke in video 2 it really looks like the soldier has two right hands while aiming where to throw.

And to me the artillery doesn't look good at all specially because of those mini "meteors" which are flying when grenade hits the ground and all the smoke and dust disappears way too fast.

Also it looks like artillery grenades hit the ground straight down like mortars when it should hit the ground a bit angled and spread the shrapnels mostly to the direction where the grenade was going. But this is probably just nitpicking.

Other than that the game looks really amazing already.

Upvote 0
It caught my eye too.

Probably wrong thread to but what the hell.

Also I noticed these couple of things also when Ramm is adjusting snipers iron sight it just aims the gun higher rather than the actual sight is adjusted.

When Ramm throws a smoke in video 2 it really looks like the soldier has two right hands while aiming where to throw.

And to me the artillery doesn't look good at all specially because of those mini "meteors" which are flying when grenade hits the ground and all the smoke and dust disappears way too fast.

Also it looks like artillery grenades hit the ground straight down like mortars when it should hit the ground a bit angled and spread the shrapnels mostly to the direction where the grenade was going. But this is probably just nitpicking.

Other than that the game looks really amazing already.

when adjusting the sights on a mosin the rear ladder climbs up quite quickly on a 91/30. The look you see ingame is the end effect just minus the animation of the ladder being moved..
( i wonder if the ladder follows the real numbering up to around 2,000 )

Upvote 0
I REALLY want to see some HD gameplay footage on that Fallen Fighters map. Seriously looks epic as hell.

EDIT
and ...
His response to the Flak 88 comment was kind of amusing. Must be in the cards for a future update.
I didn't interpret his reaction at all the way you did. I saw it as more of a "What the hell are you talking about? Why would we put in AA guns (let alone flak 88's) just to shoot down recon planes?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
His response to the Flak 88 comment was kind of amusing. Must be in the cards for a future update.

To be honest, it just sounded like he was just humouring the camera man, because he didn't want to outright say "no".

Ramm, to adjust the iron sights, we'll have to use the mouse wheel?. In that case, how can we rotate the weapon inventory?

:IS2:

I'm sure it will be bindable, like everything else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, that hand made me scary :eek: The way the left hand is modeled in ostfront right now is rather very natural, why change that?

>_>

You seriously think they're just gonna leave it like that?
Not really, especially after pointing it out as a feature, I really doubt they could let it go like that with mismatching animations in first/third person views :)

Upvote 0