• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fallschirmj

I very much doubt TWI will be putting in the effort to implementing FMJ's or the FG42.
1% of the soldiers involved in Stalingrad would have been in that FMJ unit, so that's a lot of work for with no real gameplay effect (such as weapons have) and if you're questioning whether the Mkb would have been seen in Stalingrad, you can be sure the FG-42 would not have as the first 50 weren't fabricated until much later in '42.

Anyway.

Mod teams, yes. TWI, no.

Upvote 0
I very much doubt TWI will be putting in the effort to implementing FMJ's or the FG42.
1% of the soldiers involved in Stalingrad would have been in that FMJ unit, so that's a lot of work for with no real gameplay effect (such as weapons have) and if you're questioning whether the Mkb would have been seen in Stalingrad, you can be sure the FG-42 would not have as the first 50 weren't fabricated until much later in '42.

Anyway.

Mod teams, yes. TWI, no.
What he said. Besides it would be stupid to put them in since it was only one unit.

Upvote 0
Putting FJ's to game doesnt have anything to do with FG42,

a lot of work for with no real gameplay effect
That is biggest bull **** i have ever heard.
Putting FJ's in is something i would call as a major
feature on gameplay side as it makes playing 50%
more fun.

How, because they got most cool helmets on earth.
Dont underestimate the helmet, even Dart Vader is
just a cloak without a helmet.

Upvote 0
Putting FJ's to game doesnt have anything to do with FG42,

That is biggest bull **** i have ever heard.
Putting FJ's in is something i would call as a major
feature on gameplay side as it makes playing 50%
more fun.

How, because they got most cool helmets on earth.
Dont underestimate the helmet, even Dart Vader is
just a cloak without a helmet.

That enhances the gameplay by 50%?

Uhm...

Upvote 0
Forget the Fallschirmjagers, FG42, MKB42 etc... What I really want to see is some NKVD and some Soviet "blocker" squads in the Russian spawn! ;)

You were obviously joking, but nevertheless. You have been watching too much of Enemy at the Gates. :p

That sort of blocking detachments, that the "movie" portraits were not used in Stalingrad. In Stalingrad RKKA and NKVD fought - surprisingly - hand to hand, not on each others throat. And anyways, the blocking detachments Soviets used in WWII, were not like seen in the EATG.

Upvote 0
Much of the manpower for the Soviet 13th Guards Division which was pivotal in the defense of Stalingrad were formed from ex-paratroopers (already trained to fight "surrounded").

As I understand it, they may have had some distinctive uniform appearances reflecting their former airborne affiliation.

Upvote 0
Well to be honest this is an English speaking forum and our good old German grammar doesn't count here. Same with Italian Grammar in a German forum or Russian Grammar in a Japanese one.

Totally O.K. to create your own plural version of a foreign word (i.e. Pizze/Pizzas/Pizzen etc)

Just sayin...

Upvote 0