• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Berserker's Roll?

lvl 6 :>

On suicidal games, I now find that playing right with the group is a little too chaotic for me. It's possible to do well in this manner with a good healer, but I find more success in soloing NEAR the group, but not with them. Splitting the wave, so to speak, to lighten the load on everyone else, and save me from fleshpounds. The trick so far has been to find good locations to do this, and know when to fall back/abandon the group to avoid a whipe.

Thoughts upon reaching level 6:

-Berserkers might not be as fast as medics, but IMO they are just fast enough to get the job done. More speed would be convenient, but I don't consider the lack of it any kind of deficiency.
-Swing speed and zed times are SICK
-Playing a berserker to 6 really teaches you how to move well, as well as the importance of avoiding tunnel vision. I'm sure this also applies to medics.
-Farm is autowin
-Binding the welding gun to a hotkey is a necessity to juke specimen and avoid surprise road blocks when fleeing
-Suicidal difficulty seems IMPOSSIBLE when you're at level 4 or below because of the speed modifiers, but 5 and 6 make a remarkable difference (for the better). Speed on suicidal at lvl 4 is like running in mud, 5 is like hard mode, and at 6 you seem quite fast.
-Because of the previous bullet, I leveled to 5 on hard difficulty. This took quite a while, yielding about 200k damage per full game. Once I hit 5, I was able to play suicidal, and leveling became quite easy/unnoticeable.
-The class overall seems quite capable. My sharpshooter might be able to turtle better, and kill as/more effectively at range, but the survivability of the berserker (compared to SS) is great. The speed and inability to be grabbed by clots opens up so many possible escape routes in a bad situation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lvl 6 :>

On suicidal games, I now find that playing right with the group is a little too chaotic for me. It's possible to do well in this manner with a good healer, but I find more success in soloing NEAR the group, but not with them. Splitting the wave, so to speak, to lighten the load on everyone else, and save me from fleshpounds.

Congrats. This food of thought applies to the lower difficulty levels too, but more because people will spam over your shoulder to steal your kills if you don't break off from the group. This leads into the whole 'Rambo v. everyone else' debate.

Yes, sometimes people Rambo too much, but just as often people spam too much and don't let the Berserker have a role within the group.

Upvote 0