• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Movie] Donnie Darko

One of the examples of the Director's cut being the weaker version :( Should never have replaced The Killing Moon at the start.

I saw a special screening of it in Kensington Gardens back in 2005. Had a live performace of the Donnie Darko score by the National Symphony Orchestra as the sun went down :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its been a long time since I watched it but can remember after I was thinking "wtf was that about" - maybe that was the intention though :p

Pretty good movie, but I wouldn't say its something exceptional. I dig the rabbit thing, probably the best thing in the movie :D

And for some reason I distinctly seem to remember Joy Division's "Love will tear us apart" over the opening credits when I watched it in the cinema but I can't find it on youtube just some other lame song instead:

YouTube - Directors Cut- Donnie Darko- part 1

The whole movie is on YT in separate parts apparently :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its been a long time since I watched it but can remember after I was thinking "wtf was that about" - maybe that was the intention though :p

Pretty good movie, but I wouldn't say its something exceptional. I dig the rabbit thing, probably the best thing in the movie :D

And for some reason I distinctly seem to remember Joy Division's "Love will tear us apart" over the opening credits when I watched it in the cinema but I can't find it on youtube just some other lame song instead:

YouTube - Directors Cut- Donnie Darko- part 1

The whole movie is on YT in separate parts apparently :)

Ya that's the gay song they used to replace the original song with in the director's cut. Wayyy too happy sounding. Like I said: Original > Director's cut.

Upvote 0
Should never have replaced The Killing Moon at the start.

You on about Echo and the Bunnymen again harv?

Aside form that, Ya I think Donnie Darko was pretty good.. since I was reading Robert Anton Wilson, all the 'wow concepts!' part of the film I was already familar with.. but it was a good semi-twisted film.

I have S. Darko in my netflix queue presently, I heard it's not as good, but still.

Upvote 0