• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When We Said Big, We Meant Big

It is scripted, but it is shot ingame with ingame assets and ingame animations :)

In other words: you might not see the exact same scene in multiplayer, but the jumping and getting-knocked-down-animations will likely be used in MP.

The SP campaign will also contain in-game cutscenes that will probably look a bit what you see in the trailer.

So I noticed there're new sounds for the MN sniper rifle, but the DP machinegun had the same sound as the original and I really hope were getting new sounds for that one aswell. Its like a razor cutting through my ears when fireing. :( So I hope there're new sounds for every weapon just to make it as fresh as possible! :)
Yes, most if not all of the sounds will be replaced with new ones.

Upvote 0
Willl there be a gameplay presentation of tanking at PAX?

more importantly - when will we get to see a gameplay video of tanking?

i still need to finish up my summary of the interviews i got with Alan and John, but yes according to John there were demo presentations similar to the ones at Gamescom......and they were showing off the new map "Fallen Fighters" (the official title of the new version of Fallen Heroes), which is a combined arms map. i imagine those writers got video footage and that the tanks were shown off during the demo. :)

Upvote 0
Considering its the weapon for the elite assault class, I imagine that everybody can pick that class but that a hero will get preference over other players.

according to Alan, they've yet to decide whether or not "elite" classes will be unlocked to all players or that you have to be a minimum rank to select that class. it sounded more to me that it would be based on rank but you wouldn't have to be at the "hero" level. it's already set that higher ranks will have first choice of selecting class, and that being "elite" just gives you options for your weapons.....rifleman get a bolt.

Upvote 0
Considering its the weapon for the elite assault class, I imagine that everybody can pick that class but that a hero will get preference over other players.
I think that any rank will be able to select assault class, but low ranks will be restricted to the good ol' MP40 while high enough ranks will have the option of the MP40 or Mkb42.

Upvote 0
like i said in the post above, according to what i was told, as of right now all classes are open to all players regardless of rank. of course a higher ranked player will have first dibs for choosing class when they join a server. although it's my understanding from Alan that they are still considering putting a minimum rank requirement to select "elite" classes.

the way Alan put it, the difference between the "elite" and the regular class is that choosing "elite" will give the player a choice of weapons to select from, whereas the regular class will have just one choice (standard weapon).

example.....

axis:
Rifleman - k98
Elite Rifleman - k98 or g41
Assault - mp40
Elite Assault - mp40 or mp41

allies:
Rifleman - mn91/30
Elite Rifleman - mn91/30 or svt40
Assault - ppsh41
Elite Assault - ppsh41 or ppsh43 or ppd40 (again assumptions on weapons)

i SHOULD have asked about the mkb42 and the AVT40 but i forgot :eek:......what i'm guessing is that those weapons will only be available for heroes who select "elite" classes.

Reactions: RO.Player
Upvote 0