• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Road to Perdition-Beta

Hello,

When I am on your map, and when we lost, in the change of map I have rather often an error system of the kind :

1282050355_err_critique.png

My computer :
My overclocking: 3.9 GHz
Test OCCT: Parfaitement stable (6h)
. Processeur INTEL Core 2 Duo E8400 - 3.0 GHz - 65 Watts - 0.045

Upvote 0
Thanks for the error message postings guys. Fel and I have began tweaking the maps game play (some areas are slightly too difficult for most players to get through, so we are making those areas less difficult (It will still be a challenge though). We are also adding run back spawns (triggering the zeds and using the "run back" tactic will now just get you killed by a large mob of zeds....i suggest not running back in next version :D), tweaking lighting and some of the geometry, and further optimizing. Also will try making the meshes into a separate package as well to help with the crash bug, although it seems that is more related to certain driver and/or settings. I will also be posting a WIP about map 2 in a few weeks with pictures and detailed description. It is slowly but surely coming along. :)

Upvote 0
Yes we went through first beta, but it seems that missed some "hidden" stuff, so with the right team we'll try this polished one too and this time be more careful. Weather effects really sweets it now. But I'm in hunger for the City of Perdition already:cool:

Yea dont forget to find the hidden key that goes to the trader room (for extra weapons)

Yea on Map2, S2 is finishing up some brush work, and then ill be implementing the gameplay and events. you know your always welcome to the testing secessions, so ill be sure to give you a shout when wave 1-2 needs tested ^.^

Upvote 0
great map. runs fine with me. its a real challenge. great optix, great gameplay.

i wait for the runback-spawns. i saw people avoiding the fight in the sewers-room by running back in the tunnel they are coming from, picking up all zeds on long distance. if runback-spawns are not enough u could collapse the tunnel like u do before the garage-fight.
same happens in the great valley fight. one runs forward waits for the sirens to appear and runs back to the amunitionroom u get to after beating the sewer-room. there they hold until the way to the ladder gets clear. blocking the way out of the valley with a gate can hold the players there. or a cave-in the airplanes bomb away after a certain time.
in the end-area its very easy to hold the corridor to the radioroom. the exit of the stairway is a good bootleneck. a hole in the cieling can help to drop zeds on the players so they cant hold it easily.

other than that its a masterpiece. keep up the good work. cant wait to see part 2.

Upvote 0
Ya it is always difficult to get the gameplay to be constant all throughout. I like the suggestions though. A few places in a map like that where players can kill the zeds easily isn't that bad, as long as the majority of the map is hard. We are working hard on getting map 2 done asap...probably another month. I will be posting some screen shots in a week or so to give players an idea of what it will look like.

Upvote 0
u could collapse the tunnel like u do before the garage-fight.

Lol you have no idea how much work that takes, to collaps something especially a giant tunnel like that. I say let them do w/e they want, as long as they beat it w/o too much cheating right?

"You should do this and that and this cause I say so"

Last edited:
Reactions: nath2009uk
Upvote 0