• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poundamonium Mutator

using the arguement "well everyone had the opportunity to use them" as a way to validate cheating? Tendency, you can't be serious?
altough it might seem wack for him to justify it that way its not the first time ive seen that

back when i used to play halo 2 on xbox live everyone had superspeed/360autoaim/unlimitedammo

bungies response to all the frustated players who wanted justice was "its not cheating if everyone can do it"

so to them modding your xbox and modifying game content to make the players limitations limitless wasnt cheating..because everyone could do it...

sure eventually they cracked down on it because people stopped playing, but that was there initial response

Reactions: slavek
Upvote 0
False, no one "earned" anything.

They played beginner poundamonium because of how easy it was and because of how much damage you could get, power leveling.

Power leveling is cheating.

If they bring back the usage of perks, but not the leveling, its not cheating, right?

Really, I know Im going to get a load of hate in response, but this mutator really made it fun again. The fear of seeing all those FPs charging....

And I really want to go back and try the ultimate player challenge again(suicidal poundamonium 100% FF with no more than 1/2 SS and no exploits).

But mainly what I want back is the fun of even begginer pounding. And I know that lot of people abused it, but there are still a large amount of us who enjoyed it, and want it back, even without leveling. I hate to sound whiney, but its true.

So does anyone have any objections to the plan of 'greylisting'? Or any other way of fixing poundamonium?

Just wanted to clear up the 'its all cheaters' assumption (if it ever existed).

And if anyone has a pounder server, please invite me! (my steam ID is cole546, nickname Tamerlane a.k.a. Cole)

Upvote 0
Yeah, Firebug has little to no fire resistance in the mutator if I recall correctly.

That explains it i guess. It would def. be an ultra grindfest for flamebugs :)

But i have to agree, i did do some poundamonium games purely for the sake of leveling, but i made some friends on steam because of it (still play on a regular basis now) and sometimes i just did it for fun. I remember doing that **** of suicidal with my lv 6 sharpshooter, good times :D (especially when you had to line up several fp to have enough bolts, or look for an ammo box before they enrage.

Upvote 0
a greylist is still a form of a whitelist and will still bring up two main issues. either the numbers are high enough that people can still exploit/cheat and grind their way to high perk levels or if the numbers are so small, then i just have to wonder why people would really bother playing if their progression is so small that it's not worth playing to begin with.

the real issue is the inability to use perks without progression. TW has already said that it's something they want to do but have yet to figure out how to do it. i still think their best bet is polishing up the Perks Replacement mutator and making it more functional and user-friendly.

Upvote 0
a greylist is still a form of a whitelist and will still bring up two main issues. either the numbers are high enough that people can still exploit/cheat and grind their way to high perk levels or if the numbers are so small, then i just have to wonder why people would really bother playing if their progression is so small that it's not worth playing to begin with.

the real issue is the inability to use perks without progression. TW has already said that it's something they want to do but have yet to figure out how to do it. i still think their best bet is polishing up the Perks Replacement mutator and making it more functional and user-friendly.

Thank god.

Once that is made, then this debate should be settled (?).

Upvote 0