• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Something BIG thursday?

- Tank crew live and die with the tank. They only spawn in the tank, and don't ever get out. If your crew dies, you can go back to the resupply area and they will respawn. And everyone will repawn together in the tank if the tank is destroyed.

That will certainly solve the problem of people popping out of the tanks before they are destroyed.

:IS2:

Upvote 0
I'm actually on my iPad using in flight wifi on the way to pax. Hope you guys are digging all the info coming out today. Just a few things to note:

- The tank was put in the Danzig remake just for the trailer, the final map probably won't have a tank in it (although that is what mod tools are for).
- The interview talks about it, but just in case people missed it there are 4 crewable positions, driver, gunner, hull mg, commander.
- Tank crew live and die with the tank. They only spawn in the tank, and don't ever get out. If your crew dies, you can go back to the resupply area and they will respawn. And everyone will repawn together in the tank if the tank is destroyed.
And how will the distribution of roles work for the crew? Would someone always be the gunner or his role would be changed when he respawns?

Upvote 0
Trailer looks amazing. Not sure if I like how the crew spawns inside of the tanks, and can only stay in the tanks though.

I liked being able to get out if the engine got disabled and you were vulnerable to getting shot again. :(

Also, I do really like the music when the artillery hits. Sounds very high quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: barakas
Upvote 0

How do you plan to solve the problem of griefers or selfish players who refuse to drive because they want to fire the big gun?

Upvote 0
How do you plan to solve the problem of griefers or selfish players who refuse to drive because they want to fire the big gun?

If they want to control the big gun, they could lock the tanks and have the AI drive for them or if some one is nice enough, they can drive for them.

Sorry for double posting.

Upvote 0
i'm making armour models that i might plan to use as an addon for hos, maybe something else if anything at all, whatever.

anyways, point is my plan was to have spawning in the tank and no exiting (particularly if HoS had no armour at all) as it saves on needing an animation, and a full body model/skin for that matter.
so a sensible time saving move - even if that wasn't the intention.

Reactions: MEGADETHTHRETH
Upvote 0

thats a little bit of a Bummer. but all in all the Pros of the new system outweigh the Negatives

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the clarification, although I must say I was kinda hoping that adding more vulnerable spots to tanks would make crews getting out more often (I mean, whats better than finding a nice window above the road a tank on, throwing a molotov on its engine and then mowing down the crew as they exit :D ) but I guess the new repairing/resupplying system wont work unless tankers are not allowed to exit their tanks.

Furthermore, lets see some tank footage over there in PAX plix plox? Or the same version as in gamescon will be demonstrated?

EDIT: wow there was like 1 reply when I started writing :p but I agree with the rest that the news are so awesome it would be a same to grief over one detail like we did with the recon plane in gamescon news.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This footage looks great. I love the idea that the tank crew cannot get out of the tank. I always thought it was somewhat unrealistic without proper animations. Sounds great, may make tanking fun working with a full crew.

I'm not hating here, buuuuttttt...whats the story with you guys and generic fonts? I don't mean to nit pick but I think the use of some stock font sends a bad image out. Another example can been seen with the early version of the retail Killing Floor. The fonts that would flash on screen were amateur at first, but I think you changed it eventually.

Don't get me wrong here. I've dabbled in RO for years, and cannot wait for this game. Looks great!

Upvote 0
I'm actually on my iPad using in flight wifi on the way to pax. Hope you guys are digging all the info coming out today. Just a few things to note:

- The tank was put in the Danzig remake just for the trailer, the final map probably won't have a tank in it (although that is what mod tools are for).
- The interview talks about it, but just in case people missed it there are 4 crewable positions, driver, gunner, hull mg, commander.

You're referring to the RPS interview right? There's not another one that I'm missing is there?

Also I'm a bit saddened that tank crews can't bail if say... their tank gets its tracks blown. They'll just have to sit there till someone kills them :( But still, like someone else said, the pros far outweigh that one negative.

Upvote 0
I just realized an advantage the Germans will have (realistically modeled in the game).

If you're team tanking, the T-34/76 only has 4 crew members*, to the Panzer IV's 5. The gunner also acts as the Commander, right? So that's more eyes on the battle for the Panzer IV, and less "multitasking" for the commander. They can focus on spotting and commanding.

* T34 had driver, gunner, radio/MG, loader. Panzer IV also had a dedicated tank commander.

Upvote 0