• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Guess the 2nd "re-imagined" map

Sure was. A remake of Porechye could be very succesful (even in ROOST), looking to the popularity of LyvesKrovy. Some more cover, ability of smoke grenades = epic.

Its alot like LyvesKrovy, but with more bolt-action distances and less nadespam.

Take off the nostalgia glasses please. While some certainly enjoyed the ranged combat on Porechye, the only method to really win the map was to exploit the open caps at the back of the map.

With the Axis spawning directly inside the objective (no, not in the trenches, directly inside the capzone) you wont win a popularity contest in any version of the game.

Upvote 0
Take off the nostalgia glasses please. While some certainly enjoyed the ranged combat on Porechye, the only method to really win the map was to exploit the open caps at the back of the map.

With the Axis spawning directly inside the objective (no, not in the trenches, directly inside the capzone) you wont win a popularity contest in any version of the game.
Duh, take of your sarcastic glasses please, I never praised the map in its current state.

Upvote 0
whoever voted for Fallen Heroes, you were correct!

red4.jpg

Upvote 0
there were two things i loved/love about Fallen Heroes.......sniping, ptrd/satchels.

but i never liked the flow of the battles. all the fighting typically centered around the middle and it was always "let's role our tanks up the the allies spawn to rape" tactic that frustrated allied tankers.

i do expect the updated version will be much better though :)

Upvote 0
Not a fan of fallen heroes.

I think if it was one side attacking it has the potential to be much better. Right now the gameplay is kind of boring, and the winner of the map is determined in the last few minutes because of the uneven number of capzones and the ease of retaking the center zone.

If it were an attack/defend map there is a lot of potential for creating focal points for the defenders. For me it feels like the fighting is too sporadic as is.

Upvote 0
Nostalgia, and can also be a good map when tanks are not camping your spawn. I'm sure TWI/DrGuppy will make it balanced.

Fallen Heroes is being worked on by another level designer at TW, although I do have the chance to give some input here and there. It's still in development, but it's shaping up to be much better than the Ostfront version.

I always thought a straight objective layout across the square (lengthwise across the park, east to west) would have been better than the diagonal gameplay that exists between the Univermag and the Technical School. This way, sniper battles would still exist across the square, but they would be less effective at helping your team advance, thereby forcing the snipers/riflemen/MGers to push up. With the Univermag and Technical School as they are in Ostfront, players sitting in the buildings have a very commanding position over the entire square, and have little incentive to move up.

*note* I did not design the original Ostfront map and was only contracted to art pass, tweak, and optimize the map.

Upvote 0
I always thought a straight objective layout across the square (lengthwise across the park, east to west) would have been better than the diagonal gameplay that exists between the Univermag and the Technical School.

A straight objective layout would be too linear and uninteresting in my opinion. Ostfront has enough "big long hallway straight push" maps, so I thought the diagonal layout was a lot more interesting.

Upvote 0