• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Couple of ideas

JoeDaStudd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 1, 2010
Hi,

Not sure if these have been posted before.

First idea is along the lines of extending the perk benefits to be a little more inline.

Grenades, at level 4 firebug gets grenades which give fire damage, from 1 and up demo and support get extra damage and capacity.
Give medics healing grenades at level 4 with a slight boost on healing up to level 6 (max of level 2 syringe at the center of the blast).
Change the extra damage support get for increased blast radius.
As for the rest the only one I feel could use a slight boost to grenades would be commando, but I'm unsure on how to add this without directly stepping on other perks.

Grenades leads on to my second possible perk tweak. Pipe bombs as the above would lose a small wonder ability of firebug I propose at level 6 (or 5 if they feel it would be more benefit) firebug that pipe bombs change to give fire damage instead of explosive at the cost of a slight reduction in damage output.

Additional weapons.

Firebug

Flare gun, projectile curve slightly more potent then crossbows. Gains slightly more damage with distance, but its single target.
Single shot, limited ammo (10 to 20?), m79 reload time and similar costing to hand cannon only with higher ammo costs.

Enhanced/gas powered welder, gas powered which has the chance to ignite a zed and does damage. Slightly more range then melee, but only very slightly.
Normal welding speed uses ammo instead of the renewable battery.

Demolitions

Enhanced pipe bombs, normal pipe bombs only with the ability to stick to vertical surfaces.
I was thinking along the lines of the original golden eye's trip mines. Double cost of normal pipes and half the standard capacity.

Commando/Demolitions

Assault rifle with grenade attachment. Similar to the AK only with an under-barrel attachment. SCAR costing area, alt fire shoots a grenade slightly weaker then M79 with a slightly longer reload time.

Commando

Uzi or similar sub machine gun, high ammo, low power, high recoil. Essentially a mp7m for commando. A spray and pray weapon to act as a alternative backup weapon to the bullpup.

Support

Iron bar, melee weapon which has an alt fire, a short animation/delay then gives the door instant 50% weld (20 or 25% for other perks). This uses up the bar similar to dropping it.

I've not included berserker or sharpshooter as they currently have a wider range of weapons. Berserker indirectly gets a few alternative options from the above additions. Sharpshooter currently has 2 extremely powerful weapons and 3 which are almost as powerful in the right hands. So adding any more would mean they get ignored.

I've only mentioned medic in the grenade section as I feel a good medic should be focused on healing and we currently have 2 very good solutions making a 3rd or 4th hard to add. Adding more would also take a lot of the focus away from this.

I fully support the addition of brick and spray can flamethrower.

Enjoy and discuss.

The only thing here that's worth discussing is an assault rifle with the underslung grenade launcher.

Perhaps it could be a weapon shared by two perks? It'd be great for a little extra added versatility.

I already suggested the AR + GL way back. And yes, it's gotten alot of positive comments (it even got an own sub thread from a "liker" :p)

EDIT: My version had it shoot in a burstfire mode with primary, and launch the grenade on secondary (and 1 more secondary fire to reload it).

Last edited:
Upvote 0