• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

more weapons and accessories

I can't really answer this easily.

Well, here I go and take a crack at it:

1. More variety of weapons? What kind of weapons? What roles will they fill? Please don't mention a weapon because it's your favorite on Call Of Duty, mention it for how useful it will be -- will it fill a niche that hasn't already been filled?
  2. Accessories? I would love to have fluffy dice attached to the pump on my shotgun. Explain this in more detail, please. (Silencers have been suggested at one point. There was no reason to add them in the end.)
  3. Scopes? For any weapon? Scopes on shotguns?
  4. Semi auto and full auto are reserved for the weapons that can use full and semi auto IRL. (aside from M14, but it's pretty much full auto already)
  5. Sniper rifles have been literally discussed to death. I don't need to tell you to use the search function, because the same suggestion is in LOTS OF THREADS.

Upvote 0
I don't want to see any more weapons in this game unless they provide a real and substantial and reasonably obvious change to the gameplay.

"Sniper rifle"? Given both the winch and the xbow, [insert any of the ruder "No" voice binds here].

Suppressors would be interesting given an overhaul of the sound system, but that "overhaul" would probably get TWI in a lawsuit when players start suffering hearing loss from the non-suppressed weapons.

...LAW suit... now there, on the other hand, is an idea.

Upvote 0
Oh gawd, another "let's make KF like MW2" thread. <_<

As with every other one of the threads exactly like this, except less trollish, the question is:

"what role does the weapon fulfil?"

Adding every weapon and accessory known to mankind because it'd be "cool" is totally pointless.

Now to make a
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

This would be the same with KF. Tons of weapons and accessories, but how many would actually be used? Is every weapon added going to actually be used?

Every weapon in KF (except maybe the machete) is used on an occasional to regular basis. Some weapons are used in almost every single game.

If we were to add some new weapons, sure they'd be used when they're added, people are curious. After the curiousity has died down, people would stop using them and they would fall into disuse.

So adding new weapons without a point or niche for them is unnecessary and a waste of time and resources.

You're probably a troll anyway, but let this serve as a reminder and informer to new people. Also, trolling is illegal.

Upvote 0
L4D was originally one big city, sandbox in playstyle, where you had to make your own way to one of the rescues. Players chose the same routes, so the game developers decided to make these paths only and eliminate the rest of the game, because it'd be pointless.

Yeah, could be time-consumingly pointless, but I've always wanted a big-city sandbox-style free-roaming zombie game. (Fort zombie does not count.)

Upvote 0
I can't really answer this easily.

Well, here I go and take a crack at it:

1. More variety of weapons? What kind of weapons? What roles will they fill? Please don't mention a weapon because it's your favorite on Call Of Duty, mention it for how useful it will be -- will it fill a niche that hasn't already been filled?
  2. Accessories? I would love to have fluffy dice attached to the pump on my shotgun. Explain this in more detail, please. (Silencers have been suggested at one point. There was no reason to add them in the end.)
  3. Scopes? For any weapon? Scopes on shotguns?
  4. Semi auto and full auto are reserved for the weapons that can use full and semi auto IRL. (aside from M14, but it's pretty much full auto already)
  5. Sniper rifles have been literally discussed to death. I don't need to tell you to use the search function, because the same suggestion is in LOTS OF THREADS.

Damn. You beat me to it. :D

Upvote 0