• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

• Total voters
It isn't that other perks would be losing the ability to use a weapon; they would be losing the ability to dual-wield it. Not a terrible idea, though I can only think of one instance where not being able to dual-wield a weapon would force me to adapt tactics: double .50s as a sharpshooter. And that is a somewhat uncommon load-out. I suspect few people would even notice were this to change.

Upvote 0
It isn't that other perks would be losing the ability to use a weapon; they would be losing the ability to dual-wield it. Not a terrible idea, though I can only think of one instance where not being able to dual-wield a weapon would force me to adapt tactics: double .50s as a sharpshooter. And that is a somewhat uncommon load-out. I suspect few people would even notice were this to change.
.50s as an uncommon load out for a SS? All the SS i know carry a 9mm, dual .50s, and an Xbow. the dualies serve mostly as a panic weapon if stuff gets hairy. I'm pretty sure a lot of sharpies would be affected by this change.

Upvote 0
.50s as an uncommon load out for a SS? All the SS i know carry a 9mm, dual .50s, and an Xbow. the dualies serve mostly as a panic weapon if stuff gets hairy. I'm pretty sure a lot of sharpies would be affected by this change.

And this is a problem.

With this loadout, the SS has means to take every type of zed in every range possible.

He shouldn't do so.

Yeah, limit duals to the Gunslinger. Seems better to give him an edge.

No one uses dual 9mm anyways, and only SS use dual .50s. And he shouldn't according to his own name.

Upvote 0
And this is a problem.

With this loadout, the SS has means to take every type of zed in every range possible.

He shouldn't do so.

No one uses dual 9mm anyways, and only SS use dual .50s. And he shouldn't according to his own name.

You are wrong for one thing. I usually like to play as a medic, and dual 9mm are a good weapon when you lack money. I'm sure people other than me also use dual 9mm and taking that away would just be total horse****.

Upvote 0
And this is a problem.

He shouldn't do so.

It's stupid to assume that no one or almost no one uses dual 9mm. Taking that away from every other perk is just wrong. It's good if your short of enough money and no one will give you cash for another gun. It's also a good weapon for medics if they can't afford any other alternatives, not to mention dual hand cannons too.

Upvote 0
This gives me ideas:

Limit dualwielding to Gunslinger only.
Limit pipebombs to Demolitions only.
Limit some form of shield to Berserker only. (A spiked shield you can block with, killing Crawlers when they jump at it? >:])
Limit droppable "ammo boxes" for Support only.

etc :p

Another idea regarding Gunslingers perk powers:

As you all know, most perks have a bonus which is "general" and applies to all weapons.

Like, Sharpie gets headshot bonus, Commando gets reload bonus and so on. Why not make the Gunslinger's general bonus be RECOIL bonus? No matter what weapon he uses, he has less recoil with it. This could be explained by the fact that he uses weapons so much, particularly dual wielding pistols (dualwielding is highly "recoil-us") that he knows how to counter recoil well :)
Just a thought!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe gunslinger only wield their revolver out as fast as lightning and shoot with high accuracy and click the trigger as fast as they can spam. However it would be impossible for them to reload their revolver very fast because they will have to take out a bullet one at a time from their pocket and load it one by one like a demo would reload their M32. I proposed that the reload bonus should be remove from the perk.

Upvote 0
I believe gunslinger only wield their revolver out as fast as lightning and shoot with high accuracy and click the trigger as fast as they can spam. However it would be impossible for them to reload their revolver very fast because they will have to take out a bullet one at a time from their pocket and load it one by one like a demo would reload their M32. I proposed that the reload bonus should be remove from the perk.

I would have to disagree, removing the reload bonus forces the class to retreat and camp alot rather than running and gunning which is what I feel the Dualist should be.

Much MUCH more detail vvvvvv :)
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=612488#post612488

Upvote 0
As you all know, most perks have a bonus which is "general" and applies to all weapons.

Like, Sharpie gets headshot bonus, Commando gets reload bonus and so on. Why not make the Gunslinger's general bonus be RECOIL bonus?

No. The Sharpshooter's headshot bonus only applies to sharpshooter weapons. The Commando's reload bonus applies to every weapon, but that's different.

Sorry if i sound like an arsehole but it's the truth.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Actually I'm pretty sure the headshot bonus does apply to all weapons.

Yeah, it just says on the selection " x % damage for headshots." Nothing weapon specific.

Anyway, about MY SUGGESTION, I think it wouldn't be anything anyone can argue about. I mean, I play commando a lot and I never use dualies. same goes with the other perks (except medic :S ) so I think that if pistols get taken away from sharpie, the sharpie player wouldn't bother to get a handcannon anyway.

It's debatable, really. But if TWI put out an official poll to get it done, the problem will be trying to get others to understand. But if every perk had the ability to carry perk weapons till they can't squeeze space for dualies, then meh.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0