• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would you pay for DLC?

Would you pay for DLC?

• Yes, I'd buy whatever TWI offers for HoS

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • I'd buy content packs, similar to ArmA2 British Armed Forces

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • I'd pay for mappacks

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I would pay for single items like special uniforms/skin packs or weapons

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • No, I will not pay for any kind of DLC

Votes: 44 43.1%

• Total voters
Most server owners will look for new maps all the time like the TWB server - so maps as extras by TW are not a essintial and take TW time and money, they're nice if TW can but there will be a community mapping uptake anyway - theres already some stuff on these forums that guys are doing

If extra uniforms and weapon models etc are were made available and did not interfear with normal game play and not cause server connection problems then why not.

And charging for mods as aways been a thing that happens thats how DOD RO and many mods came into being - so that shouldn't be a problem

Upvote 0
Well, it kinda depends.

On one hand, I'm VERY wary about DLC's and I usually don't like them. They might also split up the community ("awww ****, I can't join this server because it uses the Soviet Naval Infantry DLC?").

Keep in mind: TWI has always added new content for free. Just compare RO's current number of maps with the number of maps it had on release. It would be a big change from TWI's usual way of offering new content, nobody can deny that.

On the other hand, the British Armed Forces DLC from BIS adds a LOT of content; a (small) singleplayer campaign, new units, new vehicles, new voice acting, new weapons, a new smaller island... for only ~€9. That's awesome IMO, definitely worth the price. I'll probably buy it, not only for the content, but also to support BIS because of what they represent.

If TWI decides to sell something similar to that I might be interested, but like I said, I'm a bit worried too.

For now I won't vote on the poll because I have no idea what I can expect in a DLC for RO. I'll buy the BAF DLC for ArmA 2 and see whether or not it really does split up the community, then I'll know more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Voted for mappacks and content packs. As long as it doesn't devide the community. Aka, ppl without the content pack should be able to play with vanilla players.

what? you're missing the point. map packs WILL divide the community. the issue isn't that having a map pack would create two seperate games, its that all the players would have the same game but different sets of content, thus dividing the community based on what content is being used.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this is a moot point anyway as Tripwire has said they are against dividing the community if I remember correctly. So we'd most likely be paying for visual content like skins as in KF if they decide to do any DLC but who knows at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucan946
Upvote 0
Well, I voted for the ArmA2 solution but only because BIS stated that they have a special solution for the multi-player. People won't be forced to buy the content pack in order to be able to play on their favourite servers.

If TWI has a similar solution then I'm in, if not then I'll probably pass. I hate to say it but I'm not too interested in the pacific theatre and will probably pass on it if it isn't free.
And I'd NEVER pay for map packs.

I feel this way. Fortunately, I don't think that TWI would pull **** like this on us. Content packs are fine; I might buy them, I might not.

Upvote 0
time is changing, ok. but the SH** from IW in MW2 ist the hell. releasing "new" stuff every 2 months and stupid ppl aka fanboys buy it. and then it is clear that IW itself keep their strategy and the others pick this idea up, thats the market.

you can never say: well, TWI dont do so! they can do whatever they want, but i ll promise (even if i am the only one) i will never ever support this new wave crap rip off which is based on the suggestibility of the customers although they make this dream come true, coz they buy it - they control this.
but i dont give much on the mass coz IW is earning thousands of dollars for selling modern warfare 2 (which is the same game as the first part) + their packs etc while i am typing this unheart warning ^^

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
time is changing, ok. but the SH** from IW in MW2 ist the hell. releasing "new" stuff every 2 months and stupid ppl aka fanboys buy it. and then it is clear that IW itself keep their strategy and the others pick this idea up, thats the market.

you can never say: well, TWI dont do so! they can do whatever they want, but i ll promise (even if i am the only one) i will never ever support this new wave crap rip off which is based on the suggestibility of the customers although they make this dream come true, coz they buy it - they control this.
but i dont give much on the mass coz IW is earning thousands of dollars for selling modern warfare 2 (which is the same game as the first part) + their packs etc while i am typing this unheart warning ^^

The so called fanboys are the console users, the PC community for cod who made IW famous got slapped in the face with IWnet. I've owned every single installment since the beginning and been running a competitive clan, that still plays cod4 due to the MW2 and no dediservers, mod tools... killed the e-sport in Cod.

But hey don't be sour they tell us.. we still got mouse control and custom stuff like graphics settings.... ffs.
Tripwire, Maddox Games are two of a few last standing decent companies that still care about the PC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0