• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Your Keyboard Keys Effect How You Play/The Best Keyboard Key Combinations

ESDF opposed to WASD is one of the few 'major' yet simple changes you can make as it frees up Q, W, A, Z, and X on the left side.

Movement: E S D F
Self Heal: A
Weapon switch: all shifted one to the right (1 nothing, 2 melee, 3 sidearm, etc)
Money: Mousewheel scroll (throwing around a thousand pounds in 1 second at the last wave is always fun)
Previous Weapon: Q
Flashlight/M14 laser: Mousewheel click
'Use': Z
'Stat all': I
'Stat none': O
Adminlogin <pass>: N
Enter/return: Talk

Not sure if I have any other controls changed.. but those are the important ones. Mostly personal preference, but some might be easier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I use default settings.

In every game.

awesome_face_bigger_1886.png

Upvote 0
Yes I do ask, I bet you have a mouse button that triggers F12 when you press it, right, right, right?!

Nope. Using a laptop and using the mousepad on that so I use the good old F12. Reasoning? Switching to single-shot is useless on Bullpup, AK, Scar, and AA12 cause you can just burst-fire, Flashlights you rarely use, and I hate the Hunting and M13 so I have no need to doublebarrel or lazor sight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0