• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Keybind question

Anemia

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
Hi dear forum.

I have this thing that I've been trying to accomplish but it hasn't worked out so good this far. My goal..

..Is to be able to make "keybindinggroups", I want to be able to press "greyslash" to change my numpad to "standard kfmode, with adminlogin + "say watchout" etc, but when I want to do other things I would love to not have to write them every time either. So I was thinking that pressing greyplus/greyminus would change my numpad to "standard zed"/"Wtf zed" which changes the numbers on the numpad to for example "admin summon kfchar.zombiefleshpound" (same for WTF-zeds ofc).

So I wonder if there's some kind of way to use parentheses, so I can for example make this happen:
greyminus=set input numpad1 ((set input mouse5 admin summon kfmod.lawproj) | (set input mouse4 admin summon kfchar.huskfireprojectile)) | set input numpad2 ((set input mouse5 fov 90) | (set input mouse4 fov 110))
As you might see this is impossible to achieve unless you have some kind of parenthesis-thing (or what ever that help). I did look on Binding_Keysfor help and found out how to use aliases, but apparently you can only use 40 at once, or is there some way to raise that number?

I hope I made my question clear enough to understand. Thanks in advance.

I'm sure execs would work fine and dandy for this. I'd rather point you to that wiki's page for it, but it seems they never built one.

Execs (that's what I call them, anyway) are just command lists that you can call with the exec command. Whenever you use exec x, it'll execute all the commands, in sequence, that are listed in that text file. Just mind that you rename your text files as whatever.cfg. It's been a while since I used them but at least in UT99, Unreal didn't like executing .txt lists.

Code:
// C:\JGame\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\system\bind0.cfg
set input numpad1 exec bind1
set input numpad2 exec bind2
Code:
// system\bind1.cfg
set input mouse5 admin summon kfmod.lawproj
set input mouse4 admin summon kfchar.huskfireprojectile
Code:
// system\bind2.cfg
set input mouse5 fov 90
set input mouse4 fov 110