• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Put all and any suggestions here thread!

AS50 Sniper Rifle

AS50 Sniper Rifle

Note: Some of the stats I gave on this weapon are just opinionated like damage multipliers, etc... I'm not really good in balancing weapons so any suggestions/opinions to adjust the weapon's perks/stats is very much appreciated.

Before I start, I just wanted to say that Killing Floor is a really great game. Even though it started as a mod for Unreal Tournament, right now it has become a really awesome Co-op FPS Zombie game. Based on my experience, it is better than L4D and L4D2 combined. I have nothing against L4D, I'm just saying that I find Killing Floor more exciting and that the leveling up perk system makes it even better. Hope they add a level 7 or even up until level 10. It doesn't need to increase all perks advantages of your character class, maybe they could add new ones as part of the existing ones. For example, a level 7 in a certain class has access to a Tier 4 Weapon. The details of a Tier 4 suggestion is at the bottom of this page.

Now on to the topic. I was thinking that in the next patches, there will probably be stronger enemies so I thought that there is possibly a chance of making tier 4 weapons.

Right now, I can only think of a suggestion for the Sharpshooter's Tier 4 Weapon. A .50 caliber semi automatic sniper rifle.

Some background info on the AS50 in relation to Killing Floor:

To keep it short, the AS50 is a british sniper rifle produced by Accuracy International. Since the setting of Killing Floor is in London, the chances of getting an AS50 supplied by the trader is high.

Advantages:
-Very High Damage
-Good for Consistent Long Range Shooting
-5x Headshot Multiplier (Close to the Crossbow's 7.8 but since it's semi-auto I guess it should be a little bit less...Also 5x because it uses .50 caliber rounds)
-A "Sniper" Rifle for the first time(which is ideal for a sharpshooter)
Specific In game advantage
-The higher rate of fire allows multiple fleshpound kills and could save you from those non-forehead/center of the head shots (it happens to me sometimes with the crossbow)

According to wikipedia, the AS50 is sometimes used to fire Incendiary/Explosive rounds so I guess it could to be a option to buy that kind of ammunition for 5x the price of a normal magazine. To balance it, i think can you only carry 2 clips...I don't fully support this idea because explosive and fire-based weapons belong to the demolition and firebug perks but I just wanted to bring the idea out.

Disadvantage
-Low Magazine Capacity: it uses 5 bullet box magazine (well I guess it's reasonable to balance the AS50's advantages)
I guess 5/75 is good enough for it.
-High Recoil (I guess the recoil is 1.5x higher than the M14 EBR)
-Weight: 10 blocks (I guess .50 caliber rifles are heavy but it replaces the crossbow during later waves)
-Most likely a support weapon due to the low capacity magazine...(Can only be used to pick out stronger enemies from the distance unlike the M14 which is a good all around weapon)
-Price: Since it's a Tier 4 Weapon, I think

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great that you suggest a British gun.

But I say 5/35.

And really, it should replace the Xbow as it is now, just with a high price tag.

Ok. I'll suggest a price tag in my original post. If there ever is a chance for Tier 4 Weapons to be included in the game, I think the weight/block capacity of all perks should be increased by just a little bit when they get to lvl 5 or so.

Upvote 0
Right now, I can only think of a suggestion for the Sharpshooter's Tier 4 Weapon. A .50 caliber semi automatic sniper rifle.

Yeah, because i suggested the AS50 on page 2 of this thread <_<

Exactly the same weapon but more balanced.

EDIT: Here http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=603830&postcount=27

EDIT2:
How is 1000 pathetically cheap for a weapon that has only 40 shots, can't be used to defend against flankers, and leaves only enough room for a pistol weapon?

Are you suggesting you use your heavy weapon the most as sharpshooter? All good sharpshooters use pistols as their primary weapon, unless they're carrying a LAR.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How is 1000 pathetically cheap for a weapon that has only 40 shots, can't be used to defend against flankers, and leaves only enough room for a pistol weapon?

Because it instantly dispatches any non boss enemy on any difficulty with up to 6 players in one shot, plus penetration and bolt recovery, it leaves enough room for a deagle which can also be devastating in the hands of a good sharpshooter

EDIT: Plus its way more powerful/versatile compared to the LAW which costs 1500 after perk bonuses

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, because i suggested the AS50 on page 2 of this thread <_<

Exactly the same weapon but more balanced.

EDIT: Here http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=603830&postcount=27

EDIT2:

Are you suggesting you use your heavy weapon the most as sharpshooter? All good sharpshooters use pistols as their primary weapon, unless they're carrying a LAR.

Oh, sorry mate, I didn't see that, I'm new here in the Killing Floor forums. Anyways, I'm not good with balancing although I still think that the AS50 should be added to the Killing Floor Weaponry. I just need more balancing suggestions. I currently have a level 5 SS and can survive hard mode even in the later waves with just a crossbow and dual handcannons but even then, it is really difficult for me to take down the patriarch solo. I guess a 6 man team really boosts its health. So yeah, I guess with more upcoming monsters, adding slightly more powerful yet balanced weaponry is kinda useful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh, sorry mate, I didn't see that, I'm new here in the Killing Floor forums. Anyways, I'm not good with balancing although I still think that the AS50 should be added to the Killing Floor Weaponry. I just need more balancing suggestions. I currently have a level 5 SS and can survive hard mode even in the later waves with just a crossbow and dual handcannons but even then, it is really difficult for me to take down the patriarch solo. I guess a 6 man team really boosts its health. So yeah, I guess with more upcoming monsters, adding slightly more powerful yet balanced weaponry is kinda useful.

No worries mate, just there's no point reposting a suggestion twice in the same thread :D

And it should be difficult to take down the patty on solo.

And yes, every player in the game adds health to every specimen in the game.

And we're not entirely sure there's new specimens on the way yet. :p
And there's really no reason for new guns besides bad-arseness.
Speaking of bad-arseness,

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=602098&postcount=26
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=602142&postcount=29

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No worries mate, just there's no point reposting a suggestion twice in the same thread :D

And it should be difficult to take down the patty on solo.

And yes, every player in the game adds health to every specimen in the game.

And we're not entirely sure there's new specimens on the way yet. :p
And there's really no reason for new guns besides bad-arseness.
Speaking of bad-arseness,

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=602098&postcount=26
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=602142&postcount=29

I wonder if weapon suggestions actually go through some sort of screening before getting implemented...I was thinking if only the ones applicable are handpicked or something. Anyways, I want to make the AS50 as balanced as possible so that it will have a greater possibility of being included in the weaponry.

Btw, the august update is all about weapon and trader mods right? No new weapons? Just wondering...

Upvote 0
I wonder if weapon suggestions actually go through some sort of screening before getting implemented...I was thinking if only the ones applicable are handpicked or something. Anyways, I want to make the AS50 as balanced as possible so that it will have a greater possibility of being included in the weaponry.

Btw, the august update is all about weapon and trader mods right? No new weapons? Just wondering...

I have no clue about the update mate.

And don't you mean we want to make the AS50 as balanced as possible?

Upvote 0
I've gotten this to work while playing with my brother, but I forget how to do it :\
im not sure how exacty this works but try hitting F4. when i play online, and die/spectate i hit F4 and only a few times it will go into 1st person. it doesn't work sometimes though. but if you do get it to work, it doesn't show the players gun,ammo,cash, or anything. it just points in the direction he/she is looking.

Upvote 0