• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Option to list weapons in the same order every time?

I'm not really sure.

Come on, what the hell are you talking about? I don't know if you have other reasons to dislike it because that arguments is just so flawed on many levels:

1) If your teammates don't wait for you and leave you on your own then the whole team deserves to be wiped for excessive stupidity.

Those people excist you know..

2) Pros already buy way faster than noobs since they know exactly what they want, while noobs may just be indecisive or intend to buy something they can't afford/carry, so the effect you're fearing already happens all the time in pub servers.

Why make it worse?

3) The "whole trader" thing isn't supposed to be a challenge of which player can buy faster the weapons that constantly change places, but rather just a buying function that wasn't made simpler like CS' because of it's more complex nature: There's both buying and selling and there are several weapon limitations (money, weight,that both vary with perk, and already owning the gun, except for pistols). Getting used to that with hotkeys would be a nightmare for noobs. So the current menu was implemented to let people click around, check weapons description, prices, stats, weight requirement, to allow you to select the guns you own and sell/refill them.

There's a time limit of which an wave have ended, and you have to get to the trader in time, buy your stuff in time and plan your next stand in time.. So how come you don't think this is a challenge?

Don't you think TWi did know of the hotkey function when they made this game?I don't think they were lazy enough to not include it I think they had their reasons....

However now that the game is getting more sophisticated and hopefully more balanced, there is no reason why they should implement basic hotkeys at least to buy or refill primary/secondary/special gun or to repair the armor.

Now notice I'm not talking about getting rid of the trader's safe room, or her model, or allowing to shop elsewhere, but just improving gameplay, I'm positive every player who has ever been left practically unarmed even on just one wave will agree with me.

Okey, I really dont want to be mean now, don't take this personally. I posted my opinion in this thread. And I don't really care of what you are thinking about "my" opinion, cause it's really my opinion.. I won't change my mind dude, I don't know what you are trying to say here? I still don't want the hotkey function, okey.

Please guys, think of what your typing. This is my opinion why even try to change it? I'm aware of this game you know, I've played it.. LoTs Of TiMes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1) If your teammates don't wait for you and leave you on your own then the whole team deserves to be wiped for excessive stupidity.

Nope. Get in and get out. Just because one or two players are indecisive doesn't mean that the entire team should intentionally trap themselves in a bad spot. Nothing wrong with waiting a few seconds, if there are a few seconds to spare, and passing out cash. But players need to leave in time to get to a good spot.

The name of the game is survivability. And every player staying at the trader because one player has the decision making ability of a girl is a quick end to the game.

Upvote 0
...The name of the game is survivability. And every player staying at the trader because one player has the decision making ability of a girl is a quick end to the game.

Guess I did generalize, there are two possible situations: Either he's a noob in a low difficulty server, in which case you should wait for a little longer, or a pro in a high difficulty server, in which case you should warn him if you have mic and leave him if he doesn't hurry (noobs on high difficulty should be instantly kicked).

Imonoz said it would cause ppl not used to hotkeys to be left behind, so I thought he was referring to noobs, and I said that not waiting for a decent (which can still be archived with mouse buying) amount of time it's excessively stupid when dealing with lower level players.

Then again I should have also said there is no real reason why you should play with players a lot better/worse than you, depending on the difficulty either pros will do all the job or noobs will ruin the team, or both. So there's no real reason why adding hotkeys would cause more ppl to be left behind.

And I still don't think the time limit was set as a challenge, but rather to make the game dynamic by avoiding long pauses. That why time doesn't vary with the difficulty except for beginner, where supposedly players are still not familiar and really do need the extra seconds.

Don't you think TWi did know of the hotkey function when they made this game?I don't think they were lazy enough to not include it I think they had their reasons....

Mhhh I gotta go with lazy, after all hotkeys would change THAT much but still would be a nice improvement.
After all they still haven't made some really necessary balance changes like making useful the double 9mm/machete/LAW, making the chainsaw at least decent, improving ZED spawning (you can blame the map designers for this one but it also happens in official maps), letting you switch between single or dual pistol (or at least let you drop one without losing ammo when you accidentally pick up one), etc....
Oh and balancing the SS, it just ruins the game that most perks have to struggle to survive and a lvl6 sharp can come spamming EBR against ANY zed without ever running out of ammo.

And one last thing, if you're not willing to ever change your opinion, then maybe you shouldn't argue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If they are buying all the stuff faster then I am, it will get hard for me to catch up with them when they're already heading for their position to be..

Do you understand?

Candlejack: I really don't know what you'r saying..

Maybe this will explain it better than i can:

<A href="http://www.garlikov.com/philosophy/slope.htm" target=_blank>http://www.garlikov.com/philosophy/slope.htm

EDIT: i used a translator so i can give you my post in Swedish:

Jag l

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nope. Get in and get out. Just because one or two players are indecisive doesn't mean that the entire team should intentionally trap themselves in a bad spot. Nothing wrong with waiting a few seconds, if there are a few seconds to spare, and passing out cash. But players need to leave in time to get to a good spot.
This. (note my removal of the second para)

It's certainly aggravating sometimes to be the lone dweeb everyone left behind,* but I'd much rather risk my neck soloing for a bit looking for the team than have the team be all buddy-buddy in a little corridor with zeds spawning on both ends and the middle and nowhere to retreat or even shoot past your teammates.

Also, sometimes you wait ages just to find out too late the guy was afk. I am frequently afk so I don't object to people failing to wait at all (though it is amusing to try to see how long you can keep an afker alive, esp. on an open map like WestLondon).

*hey, just remember they did it to Doomguy too and he turned out alright!

Upvote 0
To answer your ridiculous question:

You would be quite forced to buy with the hotkeys instead of with the mouse, if it was included. If everyone in a random server would buy with the hotkeys you wouldn't have ANY chance catching up with them if you are one of those who like to buy stuff the traditional way. There's just a simple hotkey combinations like "3-4-4-7,.' " then it's done. Spending almost no time.. It's most likely they get rid of the whole "trader" thing if it's going to be included cause you aint gonna spend any time in it anyway, you'll just get to the doorway were the E pops up, type your magical numbers, and there you go!

Ridiculous question gets a ridiculous answer then, huh? That doesnt make any sense what so ever... If you are worried of being "left behind" then learn to use the damn hotkeys, or play with a decent team who doesnt leave teammates behind.

Im not convinced.

I'm sorry, I missed the part where buying from the trader is a competitive sport. Why are you trying to "catch up with them"?

Exactly.

If they are buying all the stuff faster then I am, it will get hard for me to catch up with them when they're already heading for their position to be..

Same as above

Upvote 0
Ridiculous question gets a ridiculous answer then, huh? That doesnt make any sense what so ever... If you are worried of being "left behind" then learn to use the damn hotkeys, or play with a decent team who doesnt leave teammates behind.

Im not convinced.

Or maybe you should learn to buy with the damn mouse? Cause hotkeys is NOT included. Well everyone isn't as cooperative as you are.

It's up to TWi to deside who's right and wrong, if it's being included or not.

Upvote 0
Hotkeys are most likely not added because after the super long-term players have completely mastered and learned it, they'll be able to buy anything they want in about 3 seconds flat. This means there's less pressure on getting to the trader with plenty time to spare.

Well, its not gonna take that much longer with the mouse if you know what you are going to buy. The only reason why you would spend time on the trader longer than 5-10 seconds is when you arent exactly sure what you want to buy, and are just browsing through the list. If you decided during the wave that you are going to buy a katana, its just one click and you are done assuming you were a berserker and the weapon was at the top of the list so you didnt have to spend time looking for it. And perhaps another click to refill ammo or armor.

So Id say youll only safe a few seconds with hotkeys so it wouldnt make that much of an difference.

Which all boils down to the fact that hotkeys wouldnt actually even safe enough time and effort to be a worthwhile addition to the game :)

Its funny how my opinions sometimes chance while typing a reply.

Upvote 0