• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

any idea what kind of pc i should get for this game?

ForgottenHero

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 31, 2006
im fine with medium settings with 1024 res. i'll be playing on my hdtv. i want to play heroes of stalingrad/rising storm and fallout 3/new vegas. thats about it, no future proofing required.

the cheaper the better. i would rather an amd cpu and ati gpu.

my current pc is from 2001 lol.

Rough guestimate in no way official would be: 2.5+ Ghz plus dual to quad core CPU, 2 to 4 gigs of ram, and a video card of the current (or last) Nvidia/ATI generation would have you sitting pretty well off. And would give you a good mid to high end machine depending on what you end up picking.

Upvote 0
i am wonding if HoS will be a significantly bigger drain than other u3 games just as RO was to 2k4, with all the extra bullet stuff going on and that.

I wish there was a builds thread here, where amoungst other things ppl can report on performance of hardware for certain games -
for example had i known what i know now i would have got a cheaper, cooler and less power-hungrey rig that runs arma2 at least as well as my current one.

Upvote 0
i am wonding if HoS will be a significantly bigger drain than other u3 games just as RO was to 2k4, with all the extra bullet stuff going on and that.

I am sure it will be. Note that I am completely guessing.

However, my GTX 260 can max out a big UT3 game with 8x AA and AF at 1680x1050 with 40-60 frame rates.

You can get a video card far faster for $200 now days.

So a PC that could run HoS should not cost that much.

Also consider the fact that AMD/ATI might be releasing new cards before HoS is released... further bringing down the price for good performance.

In short, by the time HoS is out, I am sure you can build a PC that will max it out fine for $800 or so.

Upvote 0
Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: Patriot DDR3 4GB(2x2GB) PC1600 Viper II LLK CL7
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA2 (WD1001FALS)
Video Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5970 2GB DDR5/512bit DVI/mDP PCI-Express
Monitor: BenQ 24'' G2420HDBL
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro
Speakers/Headphones: Razer Megalodon
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror Special Edition
Mouse: Cooler Master Storm Sentinel Advanced
Mouse Surface: Razer Goliathus
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Motherboard: Gigabyte P55-UD3L
Computer Case: cooler master centurion 590

is this PC enough for RO:HoS on 1920x1080 and highest settings possible?
I'm thinking of getting 4 GB RAM more, and probably exchanging i5 for i7

Last edited:
Upvote 0
is this PC enough for RO:HoS on 1920x1080 and highest settings possible?
I'm thinking of getting 4 GB RAM more, and probably exchanging i5 for i7

That's more than enough. Probably too much. Any more ram would be useless aswell. While windows would use it, I'm not sure what you would need 8gb for, unless say, you're multitasking programs like 3dsmax and photoshop alot along with other things.

I can play Fallout 3 on Max at 1280x1024 with an 8800GT 512 at stock clocks, and a Pentium D 3.2GHZ (which is a very weak Dual Core) with 2GB DDR2 at 667MHZ. UT3 runs great on highest aswell, and while RO HoS will probably be more demanded as KF was, hopefully the laggy netcode will be fixed.

Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0
That's more than enough. Probably too much. Any more ram would be useless aswell. While windows would use it, I'm not sure what you would need 8gb for, unless say, you're multitasking programs like 3dsmax and photoshop alot along with other things.

Hm, I do some Photoshop in deed, and also video editing, but those programs run great on rig I currently have.

Do u think it's worth to buy i7, or it's better to go to Gigabyte Utility and switch i5 to Faster or Turbo mode? Only difference I spotted between i5 and i7 is that, deafult i7 speed is faster than i5, and i7 supports two technologies that i5 doesn't, but from what I have found on net, those to technologies are not used by any "normal" software so far...

Upvote 0
Hm, I do some Photoshop in deed, and also video editing, but those programs run great on rig I currently have.

Do u think it's worth to buy i7, or it's better to go to Gigabyte Utility and switch i5 to Faster or Turbo mode? Only difference I spotted between i5 and i7 is that, deafult i7 speed is faster than i5, and i7 supports two technologies that i5 doesn't, but from what I have found on net, those to technologies are not used by any "normal" software so far...

If it's a small price to pay for the i7 compared to the i5, I would go for it, as it would last longer before you would have to upgrade again.

Upvote 0