• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dot of Doom Achievement

farnahm

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 20, 2010
Got 28 headshot (counted all of them) kills in a row without ever switching weapons in solo mode, I had the EBR laser on the whole time, only reloaded once inbetween.

This took a while and I still did not get the achievement. Previously I know that there were problems with it registering for some people, is it still bugged? Don't really want to waste my time again on it if it won't register, and it took many tries as is

Edit: I tried again and did 27 in a row and it didn't update :(

Last edited:
Yeah I got 37 headshots in a row the other day then 28 in a row, on suicidal in multiplayer (my friends were clearing out mobs apart from clots and bloats).

We thought it was possible something may have just bled out that time, so we just did it in beginner where they killed the crawlers etc and I just one shot 26 clots in a row, all headshots, didn't register.

It seems like the only people with this achievement used mutators when it was easy -_-

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure I've done the requirements for this achievement, but I haven't gotten it yet. I even tried the whitelisted hellfire mutator, and killed them all with headshots, still nothing. I'm thinking maybe this achievement specifically is bugged. I was able to get Completely Barking on Jul 27, 2010 3:50pm.

Upvote 0
I've gotten 25 in a row many times over now, and I'm really not sure why this stupid achievement won't unlock but it's annoying.

I have a few questions about it.

Does switching weapons or quick healing yourself reset the headshot counter? If I switch to my knife or run after getting 10 headshots, then switch back to the M14 and activate the laser sight then get 15 more headshots, would the achievement register?

Is the achievement simply unobtainable in solo now? Because I've done this around 5 times in solo with no achievement unlock, it's really annoying getting 25 in a row now especially since they disabled the mutators, not to mention the head hitboxes are horrible and often register a clear as day headshot as some kind of weird shoulder shot.

Also does it have to be in a single wave or can you kill 10 in one wave, then 15 in another and have it count?

Last edited:
Upvote 0