• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Request for TWI Member

Cormierre

Jul 15, 2010
I've had a few searches on both the Steam and Tripwire forums to see if anyone made a similar request,
but nothing turned up, perhaps due to the keywords being a bit hard to choose.
Anyway, please forgive me if this has already been covered with anothe member.

The situation is this:

I bought Killing Floor awhile back on a previous Steam account,
and ended up essentially giving access of that account to a few friends
as I've made a new Steam account and have been frequently buying games with it.

As you know, those persistant stats are tied our Steam accounts,
so my levels are stuck back on the previous account, and I'm pretty much 0's across the board on the new one.

Normally, I would just say "Ah well, I'll just start over."
However,

OldStats.jpg

OldTime.png

well, definitely don't tell them that you basically gave your old steam account away or let your friends use it because you're technically not supposed to do that. ;)

i know of people that have extra accounts with extra copies of games to use as backups in case they got banned (server, VAC etc....) or to let friends use those accounts to demo games before buying, but again, don't tell Steam about it because they will not be happy. Steam simply isn't going to "combine" the stats from each account into one account. in fact they could end up closing one account (or both) for violating their terms of use :eek:

your best bet is to just stick to using your new account and level your perks back up under that account. if you really want to use the high perks you gained with the one account, you could always log back into the old steam account and use the perks that are tied to that account. i'd personally suggest you stop letting friends use your other account so that you don't risk getting into any trouble.

Upvote 0
well, definitely don't tell them that you basically gave your old steam account away or let your friends use it because you're technically not supposed to do that. ;)

i know of people that have extra accounts with extra copies of games to use as backups in case they got banned (server, VAC etc....) or to let friends use those accounts to demo games before buying, but again, don't tell Steam about it because they will not be happy. Steam simply isn't going to "combine" the stats from each account into one account. in fact they could end up closing one account (or both) for violating their terms of use :eek:

your best bet is to just stick to using your new account and level your perks back up under that account. if you really want to use the high perks you gained with the one account, you could always log back into the old steam account and use the perks that are tied to that account. i'd personally suggest you stop letting friends use your other account so that you don't risk getting into any trouble.

Actually, it's written in the Terms of Service that you may let others use your account,
but you are responsible for their actions whenever they log into your account.
In other words, if a friend decided to go h4x up sum CSS, then that account is going
the way of a VAC-ban, with no bail.

But yeah, I contacted support and told them the situation minus the circus in my old account.
I really hope they do it!

Upvote 0
just in case you didn't actually read the lisence agreement when you accepted it, here it is.

might want to check this link

Steam said:
Steam does not support multiple players using one Steam account simultaneously - games associated with a Steam account are licensed for the sole use of the account holder.

and this link

Steam said:
Steam accounts can not be merged together.
Per the Steam Subscriber Agreement, Steam game subscriptions / CD keys are nontransferable and cannot be reset / moved between Steam accounts.

but good luck with contacting Steam. maybe they've changed their policies and it will work out they way you hope it will ;)

just look at it this way.....you've got one account with high levels that you can use and a second account you can have fun with trying to work up levels and get achievements for a second time :D

Upvote 0
just in case you didn't actually read the lisence agreement when you accepted it, here it is.

might want to check this link

and this link

but good luck with contacting Steam. maybe they've changed their policies and it will work out they way you hope it will ;)

just look at it this way.....you've got one account with high levels that you can use and a second account you can have fun with trying to work up levels and get achievements for a second time :D

Super whoa! I thought I read their agreements thoroughly, and there it is, crystal clear.
Thanks alot for making me aware, especially despite me disagreeing;
You probably saved me from a huge loss!

I think it's time some friends started buying their own games.

Upvote 0
well letting friends use an extra account really never ends up being that big of an issue. i don't do it myself but i have friends that do the very same thing and have never had issues with it. as long as your friends as trustworthy, you should be fine. it's just you have to understand it's risky because if your friend does something stupid, you're pretty much screwed because Steam won't give you any support especially if you tell them you violated their terms of use lol. also have to remember that a game like KF that has all the data stored on master Steam servers and is linked to individual accounts, if there's leveling/ranking, there's no way to ever merge the stats from both accounts.

just trying to help answer your question and i didn't mean to come off as a dick ;)

Upvote 0