• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Firebug: The unbelievably powerful perk no one uses

Can't say I agree, but it's a matter of opinions in the end. Sufficient to say that I don't have more problems playing one perk rather than the other.

Well, it depends. If you suck with berserker and just get yourself killed even on Hard or Normal, maybe firebug will work better for you cause at least you can keep some distance to the specimens.

But Berserker is the only perk Ive used to solo suicidal. Tho, I havent even tried the others.

Upvote 0
Well, it depends. If you suck with berserker and just get yourself killed even on Hard or Normal, maybe firebug will work better for you cause at least you can keep some distance to the specimens.

But Berserker is the only perk Ive used to solo suicidal. Tho, I havent even tried the others.

Well of course, it's pretty much a fact that one perk appears to be better if you're not good with another. :D

Just to make it clear, I'm no pro or something but I've played both FB and zerker on suicidal. Both were my first level 6s and not because of mindless grinding but of actual gameplay, so I believe I can say I know what I'm talking about. :)

Upvote 0
Because of that thread I`ve start playing FB for last week. I`ve get to lvl4. I have to say that I did not assume it can be that powerfull, it is not total crap at the end :) Anyway I find problem on hard and even bigger problem on suicide - maybe when I reach lvl 5-6 it will slightly change. There is a problem with FP and Scrake when You have to use s**tload of fuel not mentioning the Husks... nightmare ;) There has to be a good team with minimum intelligence to kill the bigger stuff and You`re set. I find using double HC or M79 as secondary very effective. Anyway it is great for support when there are at least 3 ppl playing. The sad thing is that I can not see any great adventage over other classes. With commando, demo, support you can just do more, anyway FB is fun to play :)

Upvote 0
Stop posting in thread for firebugger then.

Oh i'm sorry, did i touch a nerve?

This thread is entitled 'the unbelievably powerful perk no one uses'. On Hard i'd agree, Firebug is a completely different style, 1 that can hold its own against everything but Fleshpounds (w/ Katana) and can very easily actually kill specimens without running himself dry if he plays well and can be a very good asset to the team. On Suicidal it doesn't come close to being 'unbelievably powerful' and is the last perk i'd want around amidst weapons that need no DoT assistance to kill things easily.

Upvote 0
Oh i'm sorry, did i touch a nerve?

No, you are acting like a jerk though. Look, I have no idea why you are so starved for attention that you feel the compulsion to post solely negative comments about a perk in a thread that is about how to play that perk. Nor do I care. Yes, we all understand that you don't like the firebug perk. That is all you post. The same post every time. We get it.

Are you really so starved for attention in the real world that you have to come to this thread and threadcrap so people have to interact with you?

And yes, I know you are reading this thinking "Yeah, baby. Let me tell this guy how he's wrong yet again." I get it. Everyone in school probably ignores you or picks on you and here you get to grab attention and tell others that they are wrong. Your opinion is valued here. But telling others how wrong they are over and over and over and over again moves you from being someone whose opinion is valued to being someone who acts like a jerk because they want to act like a jerk.

And yes, I realize that by replying to you that I am just feeding that ego even more. But I think this needs to be said.

So yes, we get it. You don't like the firebug. Or think it sucks. Or think it is useless on suicidal. Or think that is only useful if the situation is perfect. We get it.

Now please grow up or just go away.

Last edited:
Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
Yes, we all understand that you don't like the firebug perk.

Its funny the way you keep saying that as if its true and can somehow be used get-out-clause for never actually giving a real answer. I'm waiting for you to explain how the Firebug is 'unbeliavably powerful' on Suicidal. And no you haven't done that already. And no "insert lame personal attack here" is not true. The only thing i'm laughing about is the pissy responses that seem ignorant of what i say.

Upvote 0
@ Evilsod

Its funny the way you keep saying that as if its true and can somehow be used get-out-clause for never actually giving a real answer. I'm waiting for you to explain how the Firebug is 'unbeliavably powerful' on Suicidal. And no you haven't done that already. And no "insert lame personal attack here" is not true. The only thing i'm laughing about is the pissy responses that seem ignorant of what i say.
The threads name is "The unbelievably powerful perk no one uses", That does not mean "The unbelievably powerful perk on suicidal" which I assume you understand. It is very hard to play on suicidal with firebug, but a good firebug can still take care of him self and do his part. And for example, A firebug can come in during wave 5 and not have anyproblems to get enough cash to get a full set up, starting with mainweapon, and vest. I think we all agree on the part with Fleshpounds. It's not a perk suited for them.

And saying that "other perks can be useful without using DoT" Is just like saying "firebug can be useful without using headshots". And last, Yes Firebug is better on lower levels and firebug is probably the best perk on beginner (yes that's kinda irrelevant but still). But I must say that a good firebug can handle high player fleshpounds on hard. While on suicidal they get a lil too hard (well kinda way too hard).

Upvote 0
its an annoying perk
when you in a game with say a level 5 or 6 firebug they set everything alight and most of the smaller stuff dies before anyone else can fire a shot which is annoying when you need damage to level up!
secondly when something big turns up, the firebug just sets it on fire and leaves everyone else to clean mess up, having said that when you are dealing with a fp or scrake the fb can just mop up smaller things whilst you are otherwise occupied
has pro's and con's
but i still wouldnt ever choose it
more of a gun guy but thats just me

Upvote 0
this thread would be a good one if there wasnt an attention seeker bombing it because he doesnt like firebug.....

GO AWAY

everyone is entitled to an opinion
if the guy who posted this thread didnt want people to voice their personal opinion on the topic, he would have kept the thought in his head,
i dont much like firebug either and i think it needs more variation.
telling someone to go away just because you dont like their opinion?
you might aswell go away yourself

Upvote 0
when you in a game with say a level 5 or 6 firebug they set everything alight and most of the smaller stuff dies before anyone else can fire a shot which is annoying when you need damage to level up!
secondly when something big turns up, the firebug just sets it on fire and leaves everyone else to clean mess up, having said that when you are dealing with a fp or scrake the fb can just mop up smaller things whilst you are otherwise occupied

That's exactly the firebug's job. It's a force multiplier for everyone else, meaning that if the flames don't kill it first, once it's alight, everyone else can kill it faster.

i dont much like firebug either and i think it needs more variation.
telling someone to go away just because you dont like their opinion?
you might aswell go away yourself

Yes, we all know the firebug needs variation. We're all hoping it'll get a little something something in the next update.

Upvote 0
It is very hard to play on suicidal with firebug, but a good firebug can still take care of him self and do his part.

You see, this is just what I like about Firebug. Most of the other perks can make suicidal a walk in the park (*cough*sharpshooter*cough*) whereas it is supposed to be the HARDEST DIFFICULTY EVER. It's pretty much a fact that there are better options compared to Firebug (sometimes at least), but in this case everyone would be playing Sharpshooter spamming M14 and xbow bolts on clots, right? People have different playstiles and favourites and this thread is simply meant to say that Firebug can be useful and powerful by its own if one knows how to use it. :)

its an annoying perk

Allow me to say just a pair of things:
If you're with a level 5-6 Firebug doing so that would mean:
- High level on low difficulty? That's the player's fault, not the perk's.
- High level on high difficulty? You are not supposed to focus on levelling there! D:
- Firebugs can be (sometimes, I know) lifesavers against big ones because they can make them freak out and save someone's life (happened to me quite a bunch of times actually).
- Most important, how is a class relying on DoT capable of killing specimen BEFORE other perks (which usually have instadamage) can? Usually it's the Berserker (having to go in close combat) and the Firebug itself (having to rely on DoT) that see their kills stealed the most.

That being said, you're right about everyone having their opinion AND it's true that some players can really fail at fairplay/teamplay, so no aggression intended, eh? ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0