• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Getting Your Map on the White List

Upvote 0
KF-DOOMed-v1-2

Thank you, Tripwire, for taking the time to review my map and post the screenshots of the troubled areas. I realize this is a time consuming part of community involvement and I just want to recognize and thank the team for their effort.

I've fixed the trouble spots by adding blocking volumes. Here is the latest version of the map. It is still V1.2 and will require you to remove the previous iteration from your map directory.

[url]www.pectabyte.com/KF-DOOMedV1-2.zip[/URL]

Thank you again you guys!

Upvote 0
Map itself has about 4 mb in size, the rest is Music |folder (within music from other custom maps and even standard KF tracks!?)

Yes I noticed, after spending ages downloading this map, I noticed the map itself is VERY small, VERY ugly, and VERY badly constructed.

That 130mb is only music files, with 80% standart OFFICIAL music tracks which EVERYONE has. Also he got 3 useless texture packeges which arent even used by the map from what I saw.

Its as if he just threw his whole music folder in the package without bothering to separate the ones actually used by the game???

Anyway huge waste of time, in addition he didnt even bother posting any info about his map so I thought Id take a few screenshots and let ppl decide wether its worth the 134mb: http://img340.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=shot00229m.jpg

Its like a cheap version of West London...

Upvote 0
Please only reply to this thread to request that your map(that you made) get put onto the White List.
Any posts that are not a request or are not following the above format will be fully deleted without warning. Multiple incorrect posts on this thread will get you warned/banned. Generally any abuse of this thread will result in warning and/or banning, so please think carefully before posting.
Back on......topic? ;) :)

Upvote 0
Yes I noticed, after spending ages downloading this map, I noticed the map itself is VERY small, VERY ugly, and VERY badly constructed.

Im pretty sure not everyones as completely skilled as you are at mapping, as I and others have seen your bad *** works of true art. Good or bad, Im sure he worked hard on this. It may be bad but its not two rooms with a simple brush build claiming to be the next CoD map or some kf boring port. Im pretty sure once again, that whoevers job it is to test, is to test for exploits and not to say how terrible the map is. Not everyones able to tackle the incredibly hard tasks that you have. KEPT went from reporting exploits to actually trying to tell people how to build their maps. I honestly dont think thats your place.

Upvote 0